Race Roster is Canada’s leading endurance event registration company, processing millions of athlete registrations annually. We are a hardworking, active crew that is dedicated to customer service and providing the best user experience in the industry. Our workspace is casual, and we are always looking for fresh talent to enhance the team. If you are interested in working for one of London’s hottest tech companies, Race Roster is the place for you.
The Accountant will report to the accounting manager and is responsible for full cycle accounts payables processes, cash receipts processing, journal entries, payroll processing, and monthly reconciliations and reporting.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Initiate accounts payable processes, manual cheques, and wire payments
- Research and resolve accounts payable issues directly with vendors
- Maintain compliance with internal controls
- Prepare journal entries and bank deposits
- Prepare account reconciliation and perform show reconciliations
- Monthly reporting and analysis
- Reconcile GST/HST payable/receivable on a quarterly basis
- Resolve chargeback disputes
- Scan & archive receipts for purchases via debit and credit cards
- Month end procedures
- Accounting related vendor inquires
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Skills & qualities desired
- Must have strong organizational skills and time management abilities
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, proactively solve problems, and meet time-critical deadlines
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Education & knowledge desired
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on Accounting
- 1-2 years general accounting experience working in a fast pace environment
Physical requirements/work environment
Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks throughout the day; occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels. Some evening and weekend availability required.
Only candidates who complete the above steps will be considered. Thank you so much for considering Race Roster. We look forward to meeting you soon!
ApplyIf the description sounds like you and fits your background, please email your cover letter, transcript and resume to:
Please use the subject line: Accountant application