60 km London to Ingersoll and Back
Imagine facing the devastation of a cancer diagnosis. Now imagine having to worry about how you will get back and forth to treatment. In Ontario, 1 in 5 cancer patients have trouble getting to their life-saving treatment appointments.
The net proceeds from this event will be donated to the Canadian Cancer Society Wheels of Hope Transportation Program. In 2016 $7,900 was raised and 100% went to the program.
Help your neighbours focus on getting well, not on how they will get to treatment.
Make a donation to help provide rides to cancer patients in your community.
Awesome prizes available for top fundraisers!
Also, unlike other rides...
NO FUNDRAISING MINUMUM!
(No Maximum Either)
Same-day registration will be $45/team $55/individual
Teams must have a minimum of 5 participants
I want to fundraise but I will not be biking!
1. Help your neighbors. Last year in Elgin-Middlesex 586 patients were provided rides by our volunteer drivers through our Wheels of Hope program.
2. Enjoy the ride. It’s a non-competitive ride, meaning it’s all about the camaraderie, sights and fun.
3. 1 in 5 cancer patients in Ontario have trouble getting to their lifesaving treatment appointments. Help them get there.
4. Be active. About one third or all cancers can be prevented by eating well, being active and maintain a healthy body weight.
5. 200,000 kms. This is how many kilometers 140 volunteers drove in Elgin-Middlesex in 2013 through the Wheels of Hope program. This is the equivalent of driving our cycling course 2,576 times.
Join our pack for a cycling adventure. Ride with us on August 26th in support of the Wheels of Hope Transportation Program.
This years route offers participants a 60 country ride from London to Ingersoll and back. This non-competitive fun ride is all about getting out and getting active while helping our neighbours. If you chose you can ride to Ingersoll and you can have your own transportation back or we will return you to London. Due to construction the route has been slightly altered inside ingersoll, new map available say of event
The event will begin at London City Chrysler at the London Airport Auto Mall (Dundas between Veterans Memorial Parkwayand Crumlin Side Road).
Riders will be provided with snacks and water at the start, turn around and finish locations and the ride will be supported with volunteers cheering you on along the way. Post event lunch and celebration will be provided for all registered participants.
Helmets are mandatory for all participants regardless of age. Escort vehicles follow along to assist in cause your legs wear out before your enthusiasm.
Join us Saturday August 26th
Test Drive Event
9 am – 5 pm
London City Chrysler
London Airport Auto Mall
(Dundas between Veterans and Crumlin Side Road)
For every test drive London City Chrysler
will contribute $25 to the
Wheels of Hope Cycling Tour
Please visit our Sposors and Supporters. Without their help we could not make the event possible
August 26 7:00 AM EDT - Registration Start Time
August 26 8:30 AM EDT - Registration End Time
August 26 8:30 AM EDT - Survivor Stories, and Course Details
August 26 9:00 AM EDT - Cycle Kick-Off
August 26 11:15 AM EDT - Ingersoll Turnaround Party
August 26 11:00 PM EDT - Barbecue at London City Chrysler and Wrap-Up