Boo Ha Ha! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!! Some people try to blend in by wearing costumes!
If you like running country roads (the running courses are paved) and enjoy rollers, this one if for you. This is held at a charming county park in Bristol, Indiana. The course is lined with old growth trees, horse farms and open space.
All courses start and end at Bonneyville Mill in Bristol, IN. Where is Bristol? In Northern Indiana, this park is just about 5 miles from the 80 Tollroad exit 101.
Monster Mile course will be staffed by the Boy Scouts again this year! This is a lovely path through the woods on a trail that passes by one of the most photographed creek areas in the area! The charming park is often the site for wedding and high school photos.
The 5K course (3.1 miles) is an out and back PAVED course from Bonneyville Mill up a grade to LoveWay riding stables and then back. Runners are always happy to see that turnaround point for the dowhill grade to the finish line! Follow green signs and turnaround just past the LoveWay riding stables. Out and back.
The 10K course (6.2 Miles) gives you a plenty of hills for for the buck. People have been asking about this for a while because they wanted to push themselves, but were just not ready for the full half! Also- paved course, on roads. Follow green arrows. Starts together with 5K, but they turn back sooner. :) Out and back course.
Half Marathoners- You've basically got a 3 mile warm up into the rollers. Then a nice downhill grade over to Middlebury where you can hammer out some quick splits. Do save some for the end because the race starts around mile 10 where you start heading back up and over those hills you have been winding down. Three good climbs. When you finish this one, you will feel like you got a good workout! This course is on paved, country roads. This is not a trail run. Follow yellow arrows.
The past few years, it has been a crisp 50ish degrees at the start...just perfect for running!
Friday, October 27 from 4:00 pm - 6:45 pm at Bonneyville Mill County Park in the One Room School Building. (white building) Saturday, October 28 from 6:30 am - 8:15 am in the One Room School at Bonneyville. We strongly encourage first timers to come out on Friday to pick up so you can see the lay of the land. Parking for runners is in lots on the entrance to the park, since we actually run through the park during the race. We do have lots of volunteers to direct you to you park, so follow their instructions. Parking is about 400 yards away and in the grass, so please plan accordingly.
Food: We will have warm cocoa, soup, home-baked cookies and more at the finish line along with your Vampire finisher medal- IF you outrun the goblins and make it to the finish line!!!
Cool prizes for overall top 3 winners in the 5K, 10K and Half Marathon along with Age group awards 3 deep in 15 standard age groups! Lots of prizes for costume in many new categories such as kids, adults, home made, super hero, etc.
It's been just too hard to pick the BEST COSTUME, so we have added many categories for the costume contest. We'll have some art for sale, so bring a few extra bucks.
Like us on FB and also Stone Soup Promotions! We will be taking lots of photos - please tag us and share your photos as well.
If you have not done this race before, we would encourage you to do packet pick up on Friday night in order to get the lay of the land. This is a lovely park setting, but the parking is approximately 1/4 mile from the starting line. It is also very dark in the morning.
* You might want to bring a flashlight on race day for getting to the One Room School building and the Shelter for check-in. This property is out in the county so there are no street lights.
* Boy Scouts will be out there to show you where to park. They are also actings as course monitors on the Monster Mile
* We have indoor restrooms at the race start as well as several outdoor pit toilets in the parking areas.
* Historically, it has been crisp in the 40's to low 50s on race morning- pretty much PERFECT running weather. You might want to wear a "cast-off" top to the start and drop it at the first water top like they do at larger races. There are also large indoor restrooms, so plenty of room to change clothes after the race.
* We try to do awards as soon as possible after the race. If you have to leave early, let us know- you can always have a friend pick up your award!
* Please don't litter along the course. If you must discard a Gu packet or clothing, please do so at the water stops so we will see it to pick it up.
October 27 5:00 PM EDT - Packet pickup (night before) opens
October 27 6:45 PM EDT - Packet pickup (night before) closes
October 28 6:30 AM EDT - Packet pick-up and race day registration
October 28 8:45 AM EDT - Half Marathon Starts
October 28 8:55 AM EDT - 5K Starts
October 28 8:55 AM EDT - 10K Starts
October 28 9:00 AM EDT - Monster Mile