Our Vision Statement
The Canandaigua City School District will lead and inspire a community of learners to fulfill their academic and creative potential.
Our Mission Statement
We demonstrate our commitment to the whole child by:
- Providing rigorous opportunities in academics, the arts, and athletics;
- Supporting the social, emotional, and developmental needs of all students;
- Maintaining a focus on character development; and,
- Engaging families and our community
For details about the 2014-2019 Plan for Excellence, click here.
So, our two main goals in the Canandaigua City School District remain what they always have been:
- Academic success for every child we serve.
- The development of good character in all students.
The first goal is achieved by challenging students with high academic standards and expectations for achievement through innovative programming and instruction, enhanced by the delivery of a full array of social, emotional and developmental support systems.
The second is achieved through a never-ending school, home and community commitment to character based on five core virtues: respect, responsibility, caring, honesty, and healthful lifestyles.