Nova Vita Domestic Violence Prevention Services
Nova Vita’s reputation as a leading authority in the area of domestic violence is the result of over 30 years of experience in providing relevant, quality services and programs that meet the changing needs of the community.
Our Vision... Every person is entitled to a life without violence.
Our Mission... We provide holistic, client-centred residential and counselling services to abused and homeless women and their children, and counselling services to the perpetrators of domestic violence in Brantford and the County of Brant.
Our Capacity... Our staff are focused, committed, passionate, innovative, and competent. Because of the support of our funders and donors, we are able to provide the best services and make a difference in our clients’ lives.
Our Partners... We have a history of building strong relationships which are essential to our success. We will continue to build relationships at the local, provincial and national levels investigating innovation and best practices in family violence services.
Our Programs and Services...
24 Hour Crisis and Support Line 519-752-HELP (4357) available to anyone in the community who has experienced violence or abuse in their relationship.
- 24 Hour 7 Days a Week Emergency Shelter Services for women, and their children, who are fleeing domestic violence or are homeless.
- Transitional Support Worker Program assists women, and their children, with safety planning and transitioning from an abusive home to a life free of violence.
- Maria House Transitional Housing offers longer term housing with additional support and counselling for women, and their children, transitioning from the shelter.
- Community Counselling Program for Women provides client-centred and holistic individual and group counselling to women who have experienced violence or abuse.
- Family Court Support Program offers information, support, and system navigation to individuals in the Family Court process.
- Child Witness Program and Services provides individual and group counselling to children and adolescents, who have witnessed violence in their home.
- Differential Response is a coordinated response with Brant Family and Child Services to assess, support, and intervene with families experiencing high conflict and domestic violence.
- Caring Families assists parents in developing respectful adult relationships and cooperative, positive co-parenting approaches with their children. www.caringfamilies.ca
- Challenge to Change Men’s Program provides individual and group interventions and counselling to men who are, or at risk of becoming, abusive toward their partner (including Partner Assault Response Program and SCRIBE)
- Community Outreach and Public Education Services deliver informative presentations about domestic violence, healthy relationships, and Nova Vita programs to schools, businesses, community organizations, and other local service providers.