This event has been cancelled. All registered swimmers have been notified via email.
The Waco Sharkfest Swim will consist of 3 distances: 1K, 2K and 4K swims in Lake Brazos through downtown Waco in the heart of Texas. All swims will start and finish at Indian Springs Park. There is minimal current in this section of the Brazos River, as there is a dam at the downriver end of Lake Brazos. Water temperature is anticipated to be in the upper 70’s and wetsuits will not be allowed. Lifeguards will be positioned along the course and swimmers are never more than 50 yards from the shoreline.
PLEASE NOTE: This swim is not for novices. This event is for experienced open-water swimmers only. You should be able to swim one mile comfortably in a pool in under 40 minutes.
- September 15 6:00 AM CDT - Athlete Check-in
- September 15 7:30 AM CDT - 4K Mile Race Starts
- September 15 8:00 AM CDT - 2K Mile Race Starts
- September 15 9:00 AM CDT - 1K Race Starts
- September 15 10:30 AM CDT - Awards Ceremony