Welcome To Race Roster, our online registration partner. Please sign in to proceed.
Welcome to Race Roster, our online registration partner. Please sign in below.
The LV Project’s SPLASH, DASH ‘n SMILE
By indicating your acceptance, you understand, agree, warrant and covenant as follows:
I understand that participating in this event is potentially hazardous, and that I should not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained. In consideration of the acceptance of this entry, I assume full and complete responsibility for any injury or accident which may occur while I am traveling to or from the event, during the event, or while I am on the premises of the event. I also am aware of and assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, effect of weather. I, for myself and my heirs and executors, hereby waive, release and forever discharge the event organizers, sponsors, promoters, The LV Project, SPLASH, DASH ‘N SMILE, NRH20 and The City of North Richland Hills Parks and Rec Department and each of their agents, representatives, successors and assigns, and all other persons associated with the event, for all of my liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that I may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event.
I agree to attend the pre-race safety meeting on Saturday, September 22nd at 7:30am or I will not be allowed to participate in the SPLASH, DASH, ‘n SMILE swimming and running event.
I understand that this waiver includes any claims, whether caused by negligence, the action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.I understand that the entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. I hereby grant full permission to any and all of the above parties to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of this event.
REGISTRATION AGREEMENT AND LIABILITY WAIVER (the "Agreement and Waiver")
In consideration of you accepting this entry, I, the participant, intending to be legally bound do hereby waive and forever release any and all right and claims for damages or injuries that I may have against the Event Director, RunSignUp.com, and all of their agents assisting with the event, sponsors and their representatives, volunteers and employees for any and all injuries to me or my personal property. This release includes all injuries and/or damages suffered by me before, during or after the event. I recognize, intend and understand that this release is binding on my heirs, executors, administrators, or assignees.
I know that running a road race or swimming, cycling and running a triathlon is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter and unless I am medically able to do so and properly trained. I assume all risks associated with running in this event including, but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic, and course conditions, and waive any and all claims which I might have based on any of those and other risks typical found in running a road race. I acknowledge all such risks are known and understood by me. I agree to abide by all decisions of any race official relative to my ability to safely complete the race. I certify as a material condition to my being permitted to enter this race that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained for the completion of this event and that a licensed Medical Doctor has verified my physical condition. I agree to attend the mandatory pre-race safety meeting.
In the event of an illness, injury or medical emergency arising during the event I hereby authorize and give my consent to the Event Director to secure from any accredited hospital, clinic and/ or physician any treatment deemed necessary for my immediate care. I agree that I will be fully responsible for payment of any and all medical services and treatment rendered to me including but not limited to medical transport, medications, treatment and hospitalization.
By submitting this entry, I acknowledge (or a parent or adult guardian for all children under 18 years) having read and agreed to the above release and waiver.
Further, I grant permission to all the foregoing to use my name, voice and images of myself in any photographs, motion pictures, results, publications or any other print, video graphic or electronic recording of this event for legitimate purposes.
BY INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER, YOU ARE AFFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE SIGNING THE AGREEMENT AND WAIVER FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND BY YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT IN CONSIDERATION of USA Triathlon ("USAT") allowing me to participate in any USAT sanctioned event (the “Event” or “Events”) as either a member of USAT or through the issuance of a single event license or permit; I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”).
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (ii) I am not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the Event. I agree that it is my soleresponsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event.
2. I understand and acknowledge the physical and mental rigors associated with triathlon, duathlon, or other multi-sport events, and realize that running, bicycling, swimming and other portions of such Events are inherently dangerous and represent an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits. I understand that participation involves risks and dangers which include, without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; accidents, contact or collision with other participants, spectators, vehicles or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course conditions; water, road and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers; and other undefined risks and dangers which may not be readily foreseeable or are presently unknown (“Risks”). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the acts, inaction or negligence of the Released Parties defined below, and I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which I incur as a result of my participation in the Event.
3. I agree to be familiar with and to abide by the Rules and Regulations established for the Event, including but not limited to the Competitive Rules adopted by USAT and the Guide to Prohibited Substances and Prohibited Methods of Doping adopted by the United States Anti-Doping Agency. I also accept sole responsibility for my own conduct and actions while participating in the Event, and the condition and adequacy of my equipment.
4. I hereby Release, Waive and Covenant Not to Sue, and further agree to Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless the following parties: USAT, the Event Owners, Organizers and Promoters, Race Directors, other participants in the sanctioned event, Sponsors, Advertisers, Host Cities, United States Olympic Committee (USOC), Local Organizing Committees, Venues and Property Owners upon which the Event takes place, Law Enforcement Agencies and other Public Entities providing support for the Event, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and Collectively, the “Released Parties” or “Event Organizers”), with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorneys fees) of any kind or nature (“Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liability which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
5. All matters contained within this waiver shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Colorado. I hereby warrant that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of the minor, my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have signed this Agreement freely and voluntarily, without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions
Parental Consent (required if the participant is less than 18 years of age) As the Parent and/or Legal Guardian to the minor identified above, I hereby accept and agree to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement on behalf of the minor in connection with the minor’s participation in the Event(s). If, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on the minor’s behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liabilities which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
Please note, the event could be delayed by severe weather (i.e. fog, lightening, rain). That decision would be announced on site over the loud speaker, via the race website, e-mail, or phone.The only reason the event would be delayed or canceled is for your safety because of weather concerns or civil emergency. There will be no refunds for cancellation of the event. T-Shirts and Goodie Bags will still be given to participants.
Additionally transfers are prohibited as well. If someone else races under your name and is injured, or causes an accident, that person will not be covered by any protection typically afforded to an athlete through the USA Triathlon sanction and insurance.
The LV Project will make every effort to have a safe event. Thank you for your understanding of these policies and we appreciate your participation.