Fat Boy New Orleans Run/Walk
Fat Boy NOLA
ON-LINE Registration is closed.. *** REGISTRATION IS STILL AVAILABLE AT....
HOW TO REGISTER:
* Register at the pre-race day packet pickup event. Thursday, May 23rd ( 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm ) hosted by Step Brothers Lounge and Restaurant, 4971 W. Napoleon Avenue, Metairie ( near intersection with Transcontinental Drive )
OR: * Register on the day of race at the race site, opens at 7:00 am ( at LaSalle Park )
PACKET PICKUP ( Race Number bib, T-Shirt )
Thursday, May 23rd, 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm hosted by Step Brothers, 4971 W. Napoleon Avenue, Metairie
OR: Saturday ( Day of race ) May 25th, opening at 7:00 am at the race site ( LaSalle Park )
At Pre-Race day packet pickup: $35.00 ( 18-64 ), $25.00( 17-under and 65-over),$10.00 Kids Dash age 12-under )
Day of Race: $40.00 ( age 18-64 ) , $30.00 ( ages 17-under and 65-over ) $15.00 Kids Dash age 12-under )
ALL HAIL FAT BOYS... and GIRLS !
FAT BOY New Orleans Run & Walk ... like no other ! - Saturday, May 25th, 2019
The Fat Boy NOLA 3 Mile Run/Walk is an All weight division event
featuring 5 divisions for men and 6 for women. ( See divisions listed below )
* Please remember to check the weight division you are eligible for during the registration process.
We also have a Fat Boy " Wanna Be" Division for those too "lean"
FAT BOY NOLA Event highlights:
* Fat Boy New Orleans 3 Mile Run/Walk
* Lil Fat Boy Dash for Kids - 1/4 Mile (age 12-under, scored by time of finish not by weight division )
* NEW - The Inaugural Fat Boy 26.2 Foot Marathon ( see course map posted )
* Fat Boy NOLA custom finisher medallions Kids Dash and 3 Mile
* Food and refreshments - Fat Boy Style
* Event beneficiary: 107 Boosters benefiting Boy Scout Troop # 107 ( Metairie, Louisiana ) * See donation link on left side of this page , please consider a donation to support this troop and their activities. FYI - they have been volunteering at NORSI events for several decades. !
Event location is in LaSalle Park, 6600 Airline Drive, Metairie
Race site is adjacent to the JPSO Substation.
* Plenty of free parking in the adjacent parking lot
GO EAR GEAR FREE:
NORSI recommends and encourages all participants to go ear gear free during participation in this event while on site and on course. Be able to hear important event details and safety instructions and converse with others while on the course - enjoy by going ear gear free.
Post race food and beverage:
Fat Boy style food and beverage spread. Abita Brand Beer, Kentwood Springs Water, Ice cream, donuts, Pizza, Pulled pork mini po boys, Elmer's Chee Wees, Bananas. Updating food / beverage list ongoing.
www.NOLArunning.com for complete form and details information.
Course map link is also on the website.
Age 17-under ( proof of age required at packet pickup )
Age 65-over ( proof of age required at packet pickup )
$15 onsite on race day
Award / Scoring divisions: Custom Fat Boy NOLA Medallions to all finishers
*All weight division awards - Fat Boy NOLA 3 Mile Run
Awards to TOP Three finishers in each division
*Please remember to check your applicable entry division
Division - F: Athena ( weight 145-170 )
Division - G: Amazonian ( weight 171-185 )
Division - H: Megazonians ( weight 186-200 )
Division - I: Ultra Megazonians ( 201-220 )
Division - J: Ultra Deluxe Megazonians ( 221- and UP )
Division - K: Women's Athena " Wanna Bee " ( weight less than 145 )
Division - A: Huge Load ( weight 200-220 )
Division - B: Enormous Load ( weight 221-240 )
Division - C: Tremendous Load ( weight 241-260 )
Division - D: Immense Load ( 261-to infinity )
Division - E: Men's Fat Boy " Wanna Bee" ( weigh less than 200 lbs )
Introducing the Inaugural Fat Boy NOLA 26.2 Foot Marathon
After the completion of the Fat Boy NOLA 5K. All official registered entrants are invited to take part in the Inaugural Fat Boy NOLA 26.2 Foot Marathon. Scheduled start time is 9:15 am - pending completion of all 5K participants.
NOTE: You Do Not need to register separately for the Inaugural Fat Boy NOLA 26.2 Foot Marathon. To participate in the " Marathon" you need to be officially registered for the 5K or Kids Dash.
* GOT IT - DO IT
Those that manage to endure and finish the Fat Boy 26.2 Foot Marathon will receive a finisher sticker
( Fat Boy NOLA 26.2 Foot Marathon - I FINISHED )
Check out the Fat Boy 26.2 Foot Marathon course map here... Start your training program !!
To those that believe I am mocking the Marathon. Well yes I am ..!! Having ran and finished in several dozen actual 26.2 mile marathons as well as having Directed a Marathon over a dozen times I believe it gives me the credentials for. ENJOY and HAVE FUN... and I do hope that one day you will participate in and finish an actual marathon .. a wonderful lifetime remembered experience
Packet Pickup - Pre Race day: * UPDATED DETAILS
Thursday, May 23rd ( 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm ) will be hosted by
Step Brothers Lounge and Restaurant, 4971 W. Napoleon Avenue, Metairie
( Near intersection with Transcontinental Drive )
Pickup your Race number bib, t-shirt prior to day of race
Registration will be available during pre-race day packet pickup
Pickup your Fat Boy NOLA upgrade singlet if ordered.
Packet Pickup - Day of race ( Saturday, May 25th )
At the race site opening at 7:00 am ( please pickup prior to start time , bib , t-shirt )
Fat Boy NOLA Run/Walk T-SHIRTS ( two options )
Regular event registration shirt is a Soft Style Ring spun type shirt ( unisex sizes )
* UPGRADE NOT AVAILABLE - Deadline passed Shirt upgrade option ( $10.00 additional fee ) is a custom Leslie Jordan brand racing singlet available in both men's and women's sizes. A retail $30.00 value shirt. Note that if choosing shirt upgrade you receive only the upgraded shirt.
Shirt options - Please choose type / size during registration process.
May 25 7:00 AM CDT - Race day packet pickup and registration
May 25 8:00 AM CDT - Start - Lil Fat Boy Run/Walk
May 25 8:10 AM CDT - Start - Fat Boy NOLA 3 Mile Run/Walk
May 25 9:10 AM CDT - Start - Fat Boy 26.2 Foot Marathon