Life changing adventure with eternal impact. Are you ready to make a difference?
Since 1948 JAARS has been making Bible translation and language development possible—especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. Much has changed since then, but our mission is fundamentally the same.
More than 600 million people speaking roughly 5,000 languages have little-to-no Scripture in a language they can fully understand—their mother tongue, or heart language. And when they can’t understand what they read or hear, the life transforming power of the gospel is stopped in its tracks.
You can help do something about that.
The Race for Possible is a fundraising adventure race, held in various locations across the United States. The Race helps bridge the adrenaline rush of adventure sport many individuals crave and the extreme adventure to which Jesus calls his Church—to make disciples of all nations.
By competing in Race for Possible your team helps:
- raise funds to support projects directly related to Bible translation
- multiply the impact of Bible translation
- provide motorbikes to help meet the transportation needs of national translators
- transform lives through providing greater access to mother-tongue Scripture and Biblical resources
When: June 22, 2019
Where: Umpqua Valley Youth For Christ at Dove's Landing Ranch, 2171 SW Jackie Ave, Roseburg, OR 97471
This one-day race is hosted by JAARS in partnership with Umpqua Valley Youth For Christ at Dove's Landing Ranch located in a beautiful area near Roseburg, OR. Your team will hike and bike the rugged trails, scale a rock wall, and paddle the waters of the Umpqua River.
Registration: Early Registration $50, Regular Registration begins June 18th with Race registration closing June 21st.
(includes race t-shirt, dinner, and race activities/equipment)
- Racers pursue a fundraising goal of $500/racer ($2000/team), reaching the fundraising goal is not a requirement for participation.
- Great prizes are awarded for 'most money raised'.
Join us as a participant, donor, or corporate sponsor and help eradicate Bible poverty.
*Age requirement: must be 14 years or older; anyone under 18 must have written parental consent, an adult must be on the team, and all participants will need to sign the Jaars Race for Possible Standard of Conduct Agreement.
Registration fee includes Race for Possible T-shirt, dinner, and race activities/equipment.
- Registration closed
- June 22 7:00 AM PDT - Registration Check-in
- June 22 8:30 AM PDT - Race start
- June 22 6:00 PM PDT - Supper and clean up
- June 22 7:00 PM PDT - Evening program/awards
- June 22 8:30 PM PDT - Departure