Register on the day of race ( Saturday, April 13th ) at the Race site opening at 7:00 am
EVENT DETAILS - Please review ALL information below..
Yes please scroll down some imporant stuff !!
Join us for the Inaugural
Saturday, April 13, 2019
7:00 am - Race Day registration and packet pickup opens
8:20 am - Start of 5K Run/Walk
9:10 am - Start of Kids Dash ( Distance 1/4 Mile )
Location / Parking: Naval Air Station - Joint Reserve Base New Orleans, ( Belle Chasse )
New Orleans, La. 70143
Directions to Run/Walk site " Event participants and Volunteers " entrance:
Directions from Belle Chasse Highway ( Hwy 23 )
Proceed 1.4 Miles past the Naval Air Station Main Gate ( the one with the Blue Angel Aircraft on display )
Look for directional signage and race officials/volunteers to direct you. Gate for participants will open at 6:00 am.
ALL persons in each vehicle unless age 17 or under must have a form of ID readily available upon entry
* 5K and Kids Dash Course - " ON THE RUNWAY"
* Custom Inaugural Need for Speed 5K finisher medallions and to the Kids Dash youth division finishers
* Food, beverages
* Aircraft flyover and static displays of aircraft and cool military gear
Entry fees ( Payable to MWR Department )
5K Run/Walk division:
$25.00 pre-registered by March 1st , $30.00 by April 8th , $35.00 on day of race
$20.00 Youth ( age 17-under ) or Senior ( age 65-over ) by April 8th, $25.00 on day of race
$15.00 Kids ( age 12 -under ) for Kid's Dash 1/4 Mile Race
Packet Pickup details:
Pre-Race day: Thursday, April 11th ( 4 pm - 6 pm ) hosted by West Jefferson Fitness Center, 175 Hector Avenue, Terrytown.
or Day of race at the race site opening at 7:00 am
* Registration will be available during packet pickup and on the day of race
Overall and Age Group Division Awards: * Custom Need for Speed 5K medallions to all finishers !
1st overall Open, Masters, Grand Masters, Senior
5K Age Groups: ( 1st , 2nd Place ) 12-under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-over
5K Race Walkers: 1st , 2nd, 3rd Place overall
Awards 1/4 mile Kids Dash: Medallions to all finishers age 12 and under
Chip Timed Event: Please wear race number bib on front only, visible during event. Cross check name label on back of bib, name should be yours.. !!
Results: Steaming live on day of race and posted at: www.NOLArunning.com
No need to stand in line to get your results printout, use your smart phone to view.
Photo's from race day will be posted shortly after the race on our facebook page: New Orleans Running Systems
( * Like us on facebook to view quicker ! )
* NORSI / NOLArunning.com strongly suggests to NOT use any headphones, ear gear or similar devices that limit ones ability to hear important event instructions.
* Please be respectful of other runners/walkers on the course. Keep to right side of street / lane out and back .
Please use trash cans located nearby each course water station. If discarding clothing on course, please place at one of the water stations. There will be a lead bike for each distance, no headphones, ear gear to be able to hear instructions from bike rider regarding oncoming lead runners ( Keep to the Right.. !! )
* An EMS unit will be stationed at the race site and NAS New Orleans security will be on course during the event. Should you need medical attention or see another participant that needs medical attention please wave down the nearest security officer or a volunteer at each water station to relay details to the race site EMS unit.
* It is recommended that no pets be permitted. If you must have a pet with you, please have very short leash and please be respectful of others on course.
Post race festivities: Pastalaya, Budweiser brand beer, Soft Drinks, Elmer’s Chee Wees, Fruit, Kentwood Springs Water, Powerade
Any questions, concerns, please contact the Race Director ( see below )
Event Production and Information: New Orleans Running Systems Road Race Management ( NORSI )
Race Director- Chuck George ( 504-884-7565 or Chuck@NOLArunning.com )
Age division 18-64
$25.00Jan 29 – Mar 1
$30.00Mar 2 – Apr 8
Age 17-under ( proof of age required at packet pickup )
$20.00Jan 29 – Apr 8
Age 65-over ( Proof of Age Required at packet pickup )
$20.00Jan 29 – Apr 8
Age 12-under ( proof of age required )
$15.00Jan 29 - Apr 8
- Event contact
- Chuck George
- +1 504-884-7565