The Fast & Furriest is going VIRTUAL!
Join us for the Humane Society of Memphis & Shelby County's
Fast & The Furriest VIRTUAL 5K and Walk
and race to save a life. Register today.
Joining us for the Fast & Furriest in person?
We are so excited to be able to host our awesome supporters for the 2021 Fast & Furriest 5K! We have several registration options, so you can pick the best fit for your family and pets. Please ensure to read through our COVID19 guidelines, and of course if you have any questions reach out to Kayla Hill at email@example.com.
If you will be joining us at the Humane Society for the Fast & Furriest Race, there are some important things you need to know. The safety of our participants, staff and volunteers is of the utmost importance, so please do not attend our race if you are experiencing COVID19 symptoms or have come into contact with someone who tested positive within 10 days before the event. Masks will be required at all times until you cross the start line. Please practice safe social distancing while on the course and at the Humane Society Property.
COVID guidelines EDIT THESE!!!!!
- No in-person registration will be allowed. Participants will only have the ability to register online prior to arriving on race site.
- Event capacity for each event will be 450 registered participants. No more than 10 staff members. No more than 40 volunteers. Total of 500 max attendance.
- All event staff/volunteers are required to wear masks.
- Spectators will be discouraged unless accompanying a minor.
- Each participant is required to wear a face mask at check-in and while at the venue area.
- Face masks will be provided by the management team to anyone not wearing a mask.
- Hand shaking, fist bumps, and hugging are highly discouraged.
- All participants/staff/volunteers are reminded to use respiratory etiquette including covering up to cough and sneezing. NO snot rockets while running.
- Everyone in attendance is asked to maintain 6ft social distance at all times while at the event.
- Event shirts will have an option to be mailed in effort to eliminate touch points at the finish line.
- Participants must wear a mask until they cross the start line
- Participants will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering the start area. If you did not receive your packet in the mail you will be assigned a bib# at this point.
- Once you have entered the start area you may begin your race at your leisure. Once you cross the start line your race has begun and you must continue to the finish line. You cannot start over.
- After crossing the finish line a new mask will be provided if you need one. If you did not receive your registration shipped, your shirt will be available in the finish area prior to exiting to your vehicles.
- Results will be emailed immediately upon crossing the finish line to all participants. There will not be any on-site results or awards presentation.
- Participants MUST bring their own water bottle. There will be 1 refill station on course, but NO CUPS will be provided.
Get Fit With Fido
This year we are offering our early birds something special! From now until January 15th not only can you register at a discount, but you will also receive a training plan for you and your four legged running buddy. This plan will be great for beginner runners, or for anyone wanting to spend more time with their pup. Check out our registration tab for more info.
What does it mean to run or walk a VIRTUAL race?
We wanted to make it easy to participate in the Fast & Furriest 5K even if you are concerned about your health or will be out of town on race day. By registering as a virtual runner you are able to run the 5k anytime between March 1st to March 20th. You can do so in your own neighborhood, or check out our Virtual Race tab for a selection of pre selected 5k courses around our beautiful city. Once you run your 5k return to your registration and enter your race time. This will ensure that you are included in the awards that will be sent out after the race. And of course, all participants are encouraged to customize their fundraising page and raise money to help us care for injured animals in our community.
In the event of cancellation due to extenuating circumstances, all registration fees will be viewed as donations and are non-refundable.
To stay up-to-date visit our event page on Facebook.
For sponsorship and vendor information, contact Kayla Hill at 901-937-3917 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Time yourself and submit your results
$25.00Jan 1 - Mar 28
Time yourself and record your results online
$10.00Jan 1 - Mar 28
$25.00Jan 1 - Mar 28
$10.00Jan 1 - Mar 28
FreeJan 1 - Mar 28