WHEELS 2020 - Our 10th Annual Ride!
Benefitting The Darling Home for Kids
Since its inception in 2011, Wheels has raised over $950,000 in support of capital projects and the core programs offered at The Darling Home for Kids.
With your help we will build more space for the moments that matter.
Children at The Darling Home for Kids are embraced within our walls, our corridors, and our spaces. Held safely in a space that encourages them to be free – to explore, to play, to make memories. We have a dream to help more kids and families. With you, we’ll make it a reality. Your support of Wheels will help us fund vital projects within our 10,000 square foot expansion that includes:
- Three new bedrooms and two adjoining bathrooms
- A larger medication room
- Multi-functional spaces for counselling, meetings with families and care providers, volunteer interviews and religious ceremonies or events, and private spaces for client admissions.
- A larger Snoezelen room, which engages kids’ senses and imaginations through images, lights, textures, sound and colour
- A dedicated play room
- A new three-season space
- A private kitchen and accommodation for families who have a child receiving end-of-life care.
- A dedicated staff and volunteer area to accommodate increased nursing and support staff
- A second story for administration, meetings and training
- A driveway extension and larger parking lot
- A garage for our wheelchair van
By Riding with Wheels, you provide a gift for today, and an investment in the future, for children with complex medical needs and their families. The Orlando Corporation, has pledged to match proceeds from the 10th Annual Wheels ride, doubling the impact this year’s ride has on the Home.
With your help, we can provide each child with the best care possible. They have beaten the odds to survive. Together, we can help them make the most of each day they have.
Unable to join us on June 21st? No problem! Ride with Wheels at your convenience. You decide when and with whom you want to ride. Whether solo or a family ride, you can make a difference and support The Darling Home for Kids. Hills or flat. Circular route or point-to-point. Off-road or on-road. There are many ways to explore near and far and it's your choice!
Free!Now registering Nov. 21 – Jun. 30
- June 21 7:00 a.m. EDT - Registration Opens
- June 21 8:00 a.m. EDT - 100km Cyclists Depart
- June 21 8:45 a.m. EDT - 50km Cyclists Depart
- June 21 9:30 a.m. EDT - 25km Cyclists Depart
- June 21 11:30 a.m. EDT - Lunch, Awards & special remarks from a DHK Family
- Nicole Walker
- +1 905-878-7673 ext. 232