The 27th Annual St. Charles Dragon Boat Races will return to Pottawatomie Park on Saturday, June 13th & Sunday, June 14th with all the spectacle and fast-paced excitement! Sponsored by Pride of the Fox, "Heart of the Fox" will feature the competition along with a full program of family fun along the river: www.heartofthefox.org Teams of 20 paddlers will once again vie for the coveted 1st,2nd and 3rd place awards in two divisions: Lizard and Komodo, paddling in a colorfully painted, carved wooden Dragon Boat from China! At the early start of day teams will gather at the dock to open the day of racing with an observance of the 2,000 year old Chinese tradition, "Awakening the Dragon".
Each team can select a (first-come/first-served) spot for your team picnic in the grassy area surrounding the large and small pavilions along the Fox River, for a great view of the races. Pitch your tent, bring your own grill and spend the day with friends , family, colleagues watching the heats until each day climaxes in the awards ceremony.
If time allows we will run one "Novice Race" each day, during which any spectator can try their hand at paddling the fastest two minutes of your life! 20 paddlers per boat-two Chinese Dragon boats. Must be 18 years or older to participate and sign a waiver at "Dragon Boat Race Central" in the large pavilion.
All participants receive:
- One practice session on the Fox River during the week prior to June 13th-we will schedule your team
- A picnic space
- A collectible enamel Race Pin
- Team photo
- Team photo on face book and 2020 Heart of the Fox website
- Individual participation medals
- Team Paddle award for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place in each division
All teams will provide:
Prepaid registration fee: $475
Signed waiver of Liability
Full team of 20 paddlers and Flag Catcher
$475.00Jan 5 - Apr 6
FreeJan 5 - Apr 6
- June 13 8:00 AM CDT - Awakening the Dragon
- June 13 8:30 AM CDT - Dragon Boat Race Start
- June 14 8:00 AM CDT - Awakening the Dragon
- June 14 8:30 AM CDT - Dragon Boat Race Start