Colusa Circle 5K Race Info
Zip Code East Bay is proud to present the third annual Colusa Circle 5K, a race to raise funds for a charitable cause.
This year's race beneficiary is Urban Tilth. Urban Tilth hires and trains local residents to cultivate agriculture in west Contra Costa County to help our community build a more sustainable, healthy, and just food system. They use our 7 school and community gardens and small urban farms to teach and employ community members to grow, distribute, cook, and consume thousands of pounds of local produce each year, to create a more equitable and just food system within a healthier and more self-sufficient community.
In addition to sharing race proceeds with Urban Tilth, we will also be collecting used running shoes and new socks for donation. Shoe and sock donations can either be dropped off at Zip Code East Bay prior to the event or on race day at the starting line.
WHAT TO (OR NOT TO) EXPECT
- This is a charity race - we are here to raise money and have fun, not to set any personal racing records.
- The course is not USATF certified.
- There will be runners, walkers, rollers and strollers on the course: look out for one another and be respectful of your fellow racers.
- ALWAYS stay on the sidewalk.
- Respect all traffic signals, keep an eye out for signage and for volunteers with white bandanas along the race route - they are there to keep you safe!
- We will honor the first male and female finishers and the first male and female 10 & under finishers (but everyone gets a high five for showing up and participating.)
- This is a green event. We are attempting to make the race as zero waste as possible. Compostable cups will be provided for water, if needed, but bringing your own water bottle is highly recommended. We will have water bottle valet station at the starting line so you can run hands free.
- On race day remember to wear green and tag us in your photos using #COLUSACIRCLE5K or #ZCEB, we'd love to be a part of your race day fun!
Colusa Circle 5K Route
Race Day Schedule
March 16 7:00 AM - Registration
March 16 7:30 AM - Stretch + Warm Up
March 16 7:45 AM - Registration Closes
March 16 8:00 AM - 6-8 Minute Mile Runners Start
March 16 8:05 AM - 10 Minute Mile Runners & Runners with Strollers Start
March 16 8:30 AM - Food, Drinks + Live Music!
Countdown to event
- Lisa Chase