Hike for Hospice Chatham-Kent has gone virtual!
The health and safety of our Hikers and volunteers is our top priority. With that in mind, we encourage you walk, run, and get active at you own desired location between June 1-14, 2020.
We are continuing with this event virtually to provide you with an opportunity to support compassionate, end-of-life hospice care for families in Chatham-Kent.
What is a virtual hike?
A virtual hike is when you can run or walk in any location (your favorite walking route, on the treadmill, on the track, on trails, in your home, etc). You have the flexibility and convenience of hiking at any time, at your own speed and distance.
Since this is your personal hike make it unique to you-get creative and come up with your own idea!*
- Walk/Run a trail, around your neighbourhood, backyard, driveway or treadmill
- Set a step goal and climb the stairs in your home or apartment building
- Cycle outside or on your stationary bike.
- Have a yoga-a-thon, dance-a-thon or anything a-thon to work up a sweat in the comfort of your own living room.
A virtual event is one where we meet in spirit not in person so we will NOT be meeting at John McGregor Secondary School and Walking Mud Creek Trail on June 14th.
*Due to the consistently evolving status of COVID-19, we encourage all virtual hikers to review the public health and safety recommendations of your local governments to ensure that you are engaging in up-to-date social distancing practices.
Changes to this years event:
- Virtual event for everyone's safety
- Great way to raise much needed funds through pledges for Chatham-Kent Hospice (Need assistance setting up your personal fundraising page? Give us a call at 519-354-3113 ext 2404. We would be happy to help you out! You can also download a copy of our paper pledge form here.)
- No registration fee because we are unable to offer t-shirts or the full Hike for Hospice experience
- Stay active in self-quarantine, self-isolation or physical distancing
Read a full list of Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Event contact
- Julia Earley
- +1 519-354-3113 ext. 2404