#Still Here For You - COVID-19 Update
It is with deep regret that we announce our decision to cancel Lynnsie’s Run 2020, which was scheduled for Sunday, May 24. Lynnsie’s Run is an event that staff, volunteers, and our friends and allies look forward to as a celebration of resilience and a way to connect meaningfully with each other and our community, and we look forward to May 2021 when we will be able to do so again.
From May to June we are holding an online giving campaign,
"Still Here For You"
with a goal of $15,000.
The loss of our annual fundraiser couldn’t have come at a worse time for the Centre financially. Following the 2018 provincial election, the newly elected government cancelled a planned funding increase for Ontario’s sexual assault centres, and we looked to Lynnsie’s Run 2020 to close that funding gap.
Since research and experience tell us the rates of gender-based and sexual violence will increase during and after this pandemic, we will need all the resources at our disposal to respond – and you can help.
Here are some of the ways you can contribute:
- Create and share your personal online fundraising page at the Lynnsie’s Run 2020 registration page (click the "Register" button to the right)
- Make a tax-receiptable donation online (click the "Donate" button to the right) or by cheque* mailed to the Centre – every dollar makes a difference
- Make a donation by etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (no password required). Want a tax receipt? Please include your full name and mailing address within the etransfer message, or send us an email!
- Share this information with your friends and family and encourage them to support the Centre
- Follow @SACBrant and @TheSACrun on Facebook and Instagram and share posts using the hashtags #healingandchange and #stillhereforyou
Given the stress and uncertainty that everyone is facing we understand that donating may not be possible at this time, and we are so grateful for any and all efforts. We hope your enthusiasm for Lynnsie’s Run and the work of SAC Brant will shine through this year even though we can’t be together physically.
Finally, if you or someone you know is a survivor of sexual assault, please know that we are still here for you, even if that may look little different at the moment, such as a phone, text, or video connection instead of in person. You can reach our 24-hour crisis and support line at any time by calling 519-751-3471.
Huge love and thanks to you all,
Your friends and allies at SAC
*Please make cheques payable to: Sexual Assault Centre of Brant 211 Brant Avenue, Brantford, ON
Lynnsie's Run is named in in honour of beloved Centre Sister Lynnsie Feijo, the Centre's first public educator and former president of the board. Lynnz was an avid runner and we could think of no better way to celebrate her dedication to creating Healing and Change in Brantford and Brant County.
SAC Brant's services are free and confidential
If you or someone you know is a survivor of sexual assault, we can help.
24 hr crisis and support line: 519-751-3471
Business line: 519-751-1164
Be part of #HealingAndChange - register now to create your personal fundraising page in support of SAC Brant.
FreeJan 1 - Jun 30