Raise money for Airdrie Health Foundation
The Airdrie Health Foundation is a charitable foundation created to raise funds for the Airdrie Community Health Centre, Urgent Care, Mental Health and other high priority health care needs. Funds raised go towards health and wellness priorities, such as services, equipment and education for Airdrie and the surrounding community.
The Airdrie Health Foundation became a registered charity in 2013.
We successfully advocated for the opening of Airdrie Urgent Care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. On April 3, 2017 the Airdrie Urgent Care opened 24/7 to support our community.
Some of the equipment supported for urgent care:
- Hand Held Ultrasound helps physicians in their diagnosis. Has been credited with saving lives and keeping residents in Airdrie instead of having to travel out of the city to a hospital
- Glidescope helps physicians with incubating a patient. Has proven to save lives!
- Crash Cart used to resuscitate patients and monitor them. Has proven to save lives!
- Vein Finder helps find a vein on patients that may have difficulty with veins collapsing
- Telemedicine equipment brings additional Cardiology appointments to Airdrie residents. With limited appointments in Airdrie, this will bring a full visit through technology to patients that otherwise could not travel into Calgary
Clinics supported: Airdrie Urgent Care, Home Care, Public Health Services, Addictions and Rural Mental Health, Speech Therapy, Highland Primary Care Network, Social Work, Palliative Care
Programs supported: AHS/RCMP Mental Health Liaison Team (2019), Pregnancy and Beyond (2018-present), Chill Zone for youth aged 13-17, Adult Day Program, Community Pediatric Rehab Program, Preschool Language Services