code - COOPER2020
COVID-19 Rules and Restriciton
- Registration for the Huntersville Half Marathon weekend (13.1, 6.2, 3.1 distance) will be capped at 1000 participants.
- Each particpants, volunteer, staff member and essential vendors will be required to wear a face covering at all times unless actively running on the race course. Branded face coverings will be provided to all participants. If you are not willing to follow this regulation you will be removed from the event.
- Each particpants, volunteer, staff member and essential vendor will be provide a detailed COVID-19 communication packet prior to the event with specific rules and guidelines for the day. If anyone in attendance is not willing to comply with the stated rules, he/she will be removed from the premesis.
- Participants will be placed in groups of 50. Groups will be given arrival times, phased corral movement times during the start process and actual start times. As a participant you must remain with your group during the entire process. If you are unwilling to follow this schedule you will be removed from the event. This process will extend the start process and what time of day you will be on the course. Faster pace times will be release first and and slower pace times will be released accrodingly. This is the most important restriction to keep runners on course seperated per the Mecklenburg County Health Department.
- Appropriate spacing of runners during check-in and start line corrals. Each particpants is required to provide an estimated pace time. Runners will be group according to pace time in groups of 50 runners. Each group of 50 runners will be moved through the arrival and starting process as a group and will be release in groups of 10 runners every 15 second. Groups of 50 runners will be released every 5 minutes.
- Signage provided by the NCDHHS will be place around all venues as a reminder to wear your face covering, keep your social distnace and to wash or sanitize your hands. If you are unwilling to follow these rules you will be removed from the event.
- There will be limited post race operations. There will be no post race expo. Each participant will have the opportunity to receive a race medal, hydration and nutrition after crossing the finishline. All awards ceremony will be canceled for 2020. All post race expo will be canceled for 2020. All participants must apply a face covering after crossing the finish line. All participants are urged to limit time in the event post venue. If you are unwilling to comply you will be removed from the event.
- All participants, volunteers, staff members and essential vendors will be provided post event communication to track any cases of COVID-19 transmission up to 12 weeks after the event.
A VIRTUAL option is being established for 2020. The VIRTUAL option is for any distance or challenge. If you are registered to attend the live race and would like to transfer to the VIRTUAL option please follow the transfer process. You will not be required to pay the difference of the event if you choose to transfer. Each VIRTUAL participant will receive the same benefits as a live runnner except the weather. VIRTUAL runners are encourage to visit packet pickup to receive packets. If you are unable to do so packets will be mailed post event. VIRTUAL runners will not be be eligable for any awards.
The Challenge returns for 2020!
The Huntersville Holiday 5k once again will be held on Friday night at 7:00 pm. The Huntersville Half Marathon will remain on Saturday morning at 8:00 am and this year we've added a 10K! With this change it will allow runners to have the option to do two events if they are up for the challenge. Please be very careful while registering and make certain you are registering for the correct event or the challenge.
Registration opens on June 3, 2020. Prices increase on June 4, 2020.
$1500 Cash Prizes Presented by Fleet Feet Sports Huntersville
Overall Half Marathon (Male & Female) - 1st Place $150; 2nd Place $115; 3rd Place $85
Overall 10K (Male & Female) - 1st Place $100; 2nd Place $70; 3rd Place $40
Overall 5K (Male & Female) - 1st Place $75; 2nd Place $50; 3rd Place $25
Hoodies & T-shirts
All participants who register for the Half Marathon by December 1st will be guaranteed a race hoodie or technical long sleeve tee in the requested size. If you register after December 1st we will accommodate your request while supplies last. Please register early to guarantee your size. Hoodies and long sleeves are for Half Marathon participants ONLY.
All 5k, 10k and half marthon runners will receive a medal upon finishing. All challenge runners will receive a challenge medal after finishing their Saturday event from the challenge tent once we verify completion of both distances. (Note: you must be registered as a challenge runner to receive the challenge medal.)
Speed For Need
The mission of Speed for Need is to raise awareness and foster inclusion of those with a special need through participation in fitness events supported by the men of F3 Nation.
We push Track Commanders (riders with a special need) in customized racing wheelchairs to help them participate in and complete fitness events such as 5Ks, 10Ks, or marathons – experiences that they would not be able to have on their own.
Track Commanders lead the way in every Speed for Need event. The synergy created between the Track Commanders, drivers, runners, and spectators helps:
- raise awareness for social causes
- encourage inclusion
- connect Track Commanders with F3 Nation and the overall fitness community
The Track Commanders motivate us and others to step up, engage, and be servant leaders. So the question stands…
Who Pushes Who?
Refund Policy: The Huntersville Half Marathon, Huntersville 10K and Huntersville Holiday 5K maintain a NO REFUND policy.
Transfer Policy: The Huntersville Half Marathon does allow transfers from a registered runner to another runner or from one category to another. The currently registered runner must click the Transfer button on the right side of the website. The cost is $5. Click here for more information.
Deferment Policy: The Huntersville Half Marathon does allow deferment from one year to the next year under some circumstances, primarily medical reasons. Deferments will be granted on a case by case basis. The participant requesting the deferment must fill out the "registration deferment form" and mail form and a check for $10 to the address on the form.
Click Here to download the deferment form.
Saturday, December 12th
$80.00Now registering Nov 1 – Dec 8
$90.00Dec 9 – Dec 12
Friday, December 11th
$30.00Now registering Nov 1 – Dec 8
$35.00Dec 9 – Dec 12
Saturday, December 12th
$40.00Now registering Nov 1 – Dec 8
$45.00Dec 9 – Dec 12
Friday-Saturday, December 11th-12th
$70.00Now registering Nov 1 – Dec 8
$80.00Dec 9 – Dec 12
Friday-Saturday, December 11th-12th
$110.00Now registering Nov 1 – Dec 8
$125.00Dec 9 – Dec 12
- Event contact
- Event Organizer