Saturday Group Runs are back on! Please join us each week for your long run. Things will look a little different now at our weekly group runs. A few things to remember...
1. SIGN UP: You must sign up each week for a spot in the weekly group run. Registration will open the Sunday before the run and close at 6 am the day of the run. There will be limited in person sign up on Saturday morning. You will want to arrive by 6:15 am or earlier to allow time for check in, signing waiver and directions.
2. ARRIVAL - CHECK IN: You must check in with an FRTR volunteer. You will be directed to a staging location for your pace group. Pace groups will be appropriately sized to maintain proper social distancing while running. We will not have set pacers leading the groups. We ask for each group to maintain their particular pace. Please also remember to maintain social distancing and refrain from physical contact when not running as well (e.g., no hand shakes, high-fives, hugs, partner stretching, etc.).
3. DISTANCING: Everyone must adhere to social distancing when running in groups. Please review guidelines which RRCA and CARA have set forth as FRTR will be following these suggested rules.
4. READY TO RUN: An FRTR volunteer will provide instructions on running safely and distancing guidelines. The volunteer will release each pace group to start running. The groups will be set off at least 1 minute apart. If you have any questions about weekly mileage, ask a coach or volunteer onsite. FET - consult your training lead email sent on Fridays or mileage communicated directly from your coach. **Be sure to maintain distance on the path and within your groups.
5. HYDRATION: We recommend you carry your own water for the trail. There will be one (1) hydration stop at the Windmill, providing water and Gatorade. This stop will be manned at all times. NOTE: Only an FRTR volunteer is able to dispense hydration to participants. Cups will be single use only, please do not attempt to refill. Please maintain social distance when waiting for hydration. Plan your route accordingly to circle back for hydration.
6. CHECK FOR SYMPTOMS: If you are not feeling well prior to the run (temperature over 100.4, coughing, aching, etc), we ask you not attend the run. If you have been in contact with any persons testing positive for COVID-19, follow the state health guidelines and do not attend for at least 14 days. We will still be here next week!
7. POST RUN: After the run, we ask runners not to congregate at the Windmill. If you are stretching/cooling down, please continue to maintain social distancing.
8. RUN FOR FUN: Above, all, make sure to have fun! We, at FRTR, understand these are unprecedented times. We are trying to get ourselves and our club back to a bit of normalcy. We understand this will be a little different, but we are so excited to be able to be back to group runs! See you at the Windmill!!
- Ravi Sundara