WAIT House invites YOU to GO THE DISTANCE for homeless youth.
Support Homeless Youth. Support WAIT House.
Complete a 5K distance (5 kilometres is 3.1 miles or 16,404 feet) at YOUR PACE in YOUR WAY. No starting gun, no rules - just tons of fun!
The event starts September 28 and runs for 2 weeks ending on October 11. That means you have 2 weeks to GO THE DISTANCE. Do it all in one day or break it up. Do it YOUR WAY!
YOU CAN DO THIS!
Here are a few ideas to get you out and moving!
- Walk your dog around your neighborhood
- Go for a hike with your kids. There are tons to choose from!
- Run on a treadmill at home while binge watching your favorite show
- Go for a morning jog along the Hudson on the paved Betar Byway (.6 miles) and the South Glens Falls Beach Bikeway gravel extension (1.3 miles). Round trip total: 3.8 miles
- Walk or run with a friend (6 feet apart of course) on the Feeder Canal Trail (9 miles of trail to choose from)
- Grab your roller skates or rollerblades and check out the Warren County Bikeway
- Feeling competitive? Chart your own course and invite some friends to race you to the finish line!
Get creative! The options are limitless.
WILL YOU BE A WINNER?
Every registered participant will be sent a T-Shirt to wear while they GO THE DISTANCE for homeless youth. Wear the 5K YOUR WAY shirt and snap a few photos of yourself to share on social media. Make sure to tag WAIT House so we can include you in our community favorites competition.
Community members will vote (via Facebook likes) for their favorites in the following five categories. The photos with the most likes in each category will be sent medals in recognition of their support!
- Most Fun Family/Team
- Most Athletic
- Cutest Pet
- Best Dressed
- Creative Way of GOING THE DISTANCE
Register to participate! Complete 5km your way at your pace.
Includes free T-Shirt and printable bib!Aug 3 - Oct 11
|1||Warren Tire Service Center Inc.||$213.85|