Dalton Aruna Run
Thank you to all who ran and walked for Nisha's freedom! You exceeded our fundraising goal, raising $6,820 for freedom! We are incredibly grateful for this outpouring of support. Can't wait to see you at next year's race!
We know there are a lot of local 5Ks to choose from that benefit great causes. So why should you register for the 7th Annual Dalton Aruna Run?
- Direct impact. 100% of registration fees and additional donations go towards the Aruna Project's mission of freeing, employing, and empowering survivors of human trafficking. Our fundraising goal this year is $6,000. This money will enable us to bring and sustain freedom to 2 women over the course of a year. Race expenses are covered by the generosity of local business sponsors.
- Run for Her. You run or walk for an enslaved woman by name - a woman we personally know and are actively working to free. Her name will be on your race bib so you will literally run to help bring her freedom. You will then receive e-mail updates on her freedom journey throughout the year.
- Giveaways crafted in freedom. All giveaway items included in the registration fee are hand-made by our Artisans, freed thanks to funds raised in previous Aruna Runs.
- Artisan story playlist. Listen to our new Artisan story run/walk playlist on Spotify and Apple Music to help empower you to run strong for her.
Together, we can give these brave women bright futures full of love, hope, and joy. Join the fight against human trafficking by registering today.
Location: P. Graham Dunn, 630 Henry Street, Dalton, Ohio 44618
Events: 5K, 5K Weighted Vest Challenge, 1-Mile
- We are planning for a live, in-person race experience
- Each race is also being offered virtually
- New this year! 5K Weighted Vest Challenge - Men will complete the 5K while wearing a 20 lb. vest and women a 14 lb. vest. Participants must be at least 18 years old and supply their own vests to participate.
- We are closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19. Any changes to the race experience will be announced prior to race day.
- Athletic drawstring backpack (made by Aruna Artisans)
- Universal gator (made by Aruna Artisans)
- Custom race bib with enslaved woman's name-you will run for her freedom!
- Signature race t-shirt - First 250 registrants receive a free shirt
- Packet pick-up and walk-up registration opens at 7:30 a.m.
- 5K race and 5K Weighted Vest Challenge start at 8:30 a.m.
- 1-Mile race starts at 9:00 a.m.
- June 2-July 31: $30 early-bird discount
- August 1-October 2: $35
- October 3-9: $40
Registration Deadline: Register online until 10/8 @ 11:59 p.m. In-person registration is also available race morning starting at 7:30 a.m.
Packet Pickup: There are two opportunities to pick up your race packet.
- Advance: Friday, October 8 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. at P. Graham Dunn (630 Henry Street)
- At the race: Saturday, October 9 at P. Graham Dunn (630 Henry Street) starting at 7:30 a.m.
Race Director: The Dalton Auna Run is put on by volunteer race host Jen Doerfler and her team. Contact Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-465-7263.