Join us as we train for the California International Marathon or any other marathons to be held in Fall 2021. Whether this is your first time running a full marathon, or you are looking to set a PR, let our experienced and energetic team of coaches guide you to the finish line!
- Register for this local favorite training program and get the following great benefits!
- Weekly training schedules with twice-a-week coached in-person training sessions
- Supplemental educational sessions focused on strength training and stretching for runners, proper nutrition and injury prevention and management
- Free technical training shirt
- One time 15% discount at Gold Country Run + Sport to get all the gear needed for the program and ongoing 15% discount on all nutrition products during the duration of the training program.
- 15% discount on the Gold Country 5K (presented by Marshall Medical) to be held in beautiful El Dorado Hills on September 18, 2021
- For CIM Participants, VIP ACCESS TO THE BEST PRE-RACE SHELTER AVAILABLE, at the start line - inside our Folsom location with water, nutrition and a clean bathroom!
And much more...
Registration Fee: $200
Refund Policy: If you cancel your registration for our training program before the Meet and Greet meeting, you can choose between a refund of your registration fee or a credit in the amount of your registration fee.
- Meet and Greet Meeting: Week of August 2, 2021
- Training Program Starts: August 10, 2021
- Training Days and Times: Tuesday evenings at 6:00PM and Saturday mornings at 7:30AM
- Target Race Date: December 2021
Important Note: While this training program is designed to help you achieve your personalized goal of completing a marathon (first marathon, time-specific goal, personal record, etc.), it is not designed for new runners who are not already running 20-25 miles per week on a consistent basis. Those who are interested in learning how to run and race should consider the Gold Country Run + Sport New Runner / 5K training program!
Gold Country Run + Sport Coaching Team:
Fall 2021 will be Coach Karyn's sixth Gold Country Marathon Training Program! As a coach, her euphoric moments are getting people across the finish line, helping them to accomplish their goals. Karyn’s numerous accomplishments include the following:
- RRCA Certified Coach Level I and Level II
- 50+ Marathons, including, 20 consecutive at CIM
- 3:50-4 hr. marathon pace leader at CIM past 12 years
- Urban Cow pace leader, Big Sur pace leader
- Three Boston Marathons
- Seven 100 Mile Endurance Runs including 5 Western States finishes
- 2019 Kona IronMan Finisher with over 25+ IM finishes
Kurt started running in high school, competing in track and cross country. He was an avid cyclist for many years and competed in many races including Eppies Great Race and several 24-hour adventure races. Kurt became serious about running again in 2010. He sold his road bike and is now an avid runner! Since then he has completed the California International Marathon 8 times and dozens of other races including 50 miles, 50K's, half marathon's, 10k's, and 5k's. Kurt loves to share his passion for running. He is an RRCA certified runner coach and has coached numerous training groups for Gold Country Run + Sport!
Robert’s background and passion is focused on coaching and teaching. He graduated 2013 with a graduate degree in Exercise Science from the University of Vienna.
Once an avid soccer player, Robert transitioned into Marathon training after he moved from Austria to Boston. He ran his first marathon in 2015. Following enthusiastic (and relentless) encouragement from new running friends in Sacramento, Robert began his journey into trail ultra-running. Since then he has won several trail races throughout Northern California. A highlight of Robert’s running career was representing Austria's national team at the 2018 IAU Trail World Championships in Spain.
Registration fees 9 spots remaining
- Event contact
- Karyn Hoffman