July 19 - September 18, 2021 (Date of Gold Country 5K)
Train with us for the Gold Country 5K presented by Marshall Medical or any Fall 5K event!
If you are new to running or are seeking to make a comeback after extended time off, this is the ideal training program for you. This professionally coached 5K / new runner program starts on Saturday, July 24th and is focused on trainees completing the Gold Country 5K presented by Marshall Medical on September 18, 2021 in beautiful El Dorado Hills! You can also use the program to run any Fall 5K events.
Led by Certified Running Coach Kurt Jaehn, the group will meet twice weekly at 6:00PM on Wednesday evenings and 8:00AM on Saturday mornings at various locations in El Dorado Hills and Folsom.
We will limit the number of participants to 20 and registration will close on July 18, 2021.
The Kick-Off Meeting / Introduction to the Coach will be held on Wednesday, July 21at 6:00PM to hear more about this program from the coach and to meet other trainees.
Group enrollment cost is only $95 and includes:
- 8-week coached training program with weekly training plans provided
- Optional in-person outdoor training sessions with virtual weekly check-ins
- Unlimited access to the coach through private group page, e-mail, or phone
- Running technique, injury prevention and nutrition tips
- Free GCRS training technical T-shirt
- Personalized appointment for an in-store shoe-fitting and one-time discount of 15% off all purchases (Garmin watch purchases will be limited to a discount of 10%). All participants should have a Garmin or other GPS enabled watch or be able to run safely with their phones and will need to sign up for a Strava account (which is free).
- $10 off entry into the Gold Country 5K presented by Marshall Medical.
Meet Head Coach Kurt Jaehn:
Kurt started running in high school, competing in track and cross country. He was an avid cyclist for many years and competed in many races including Eppies Great Race and several 24-hour adventure races. Kurt became serious about running again in 2010. He sold his road bike and is now an avid runner! Since then he has completed the California International Marathon 8 times and dozens of other races including 50 miles, 50K's, half marathon's, 10k's, and 5k's. Kurt loves to share his passion for running. He is an RRCA certified runner coach and has helped coach prior training groups for Gold Country Run + Sport.