Thank you for joining River City Domestic Violence Center in our
14th Annual Walk A Mile in Their Shoes.
Location: The Lawn by The Meridian Bridge
- 11-2 pm Family Fun Day starts:
- FREE event provided by River City Family Connections, "Keeping Children Safe and Happy".
- Face painting, carnival games, bounce houses and more!
- Noon- Walk a Mile in Their Shoes check-in, recieve your FREE bag, water bottle, and shirt. If walking in the signature RED HEELS, pick them up at check-in.
- 12:30 pm- Walk on the Merdian Bridge in support of survivors of abuse.
- 1 pm- Closing remarks.
Walk w/ a Team:
- Get together with your co-workers, family, or friends! As always, walking individually is more than welcome.
Make a Fundraising Goal:
- Start Collecting Pledges! All pledges go toward our agency and shelter, where our mission is to help all survivors of abuse in our community and surrounding counties.
- Collecting pledges is easy! Your friends and family can support this important cause by visiting this page and searching for your name on the left side, making the donation as simple as a few clicks.
“End the Violence One Step at a Time”
Why do we walk?
We walk for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and child abuse. We walk to show survivors that they are not alone.
- In the US, 20 people per minute are abused by a domestic partner. That equates to more than 10 million women and men a year.
- Every 73 seconds, an American is sexually assaulted; and every 9 minutes, that victim is a child.
- Only 3% of human trafficking victims are ever identified.
River City Domestic Violence Center is a nonprofit agency that has been supporting survivors since 1975. All funds raised by this event will go directly to survivors by way of providing emergency shelter, relocation assistance, food, basic needs, and other services to help them navigate through their journey to healing.
|1||Missouri Valley Tool||$2,500.00|
- Event contact
- Reata McDonald
- 605-665-4811 ex.100