Bib Distribution & Seeding
Bibs and Runner Timing
- Every participant must wear their MRR bib!
- A MYLAPS Bib Tag is permanently attached to the back of every bib
- Bibs must be worn just above your navel
- Bibs must be visible as you cross the Start and Finish Lines
- Do not fold or crumple your bib as it could damage the timing tag and affect your results
- If you register on or before November 10th, your race bib, with embedded timing chip, will be mailed to you
- After the mailing deadline, walk-in registration and bib pick-up will be available at the following times and locations:
- Bib pick-up will be available on race day - 8:00 am - 9:15 am, Cone Gym, Bennet Academy
Race Field Seeding
Seeding the race field allows faster runners an unimpeded start and provides a smoother and generally safer race start for all participants. The field will be seeded in four groups: under 30 minutes; under 35 minutes; under 38 minutes; and under 42 minutes. Runners with an expected finish time of 42 minutes or more will be assigned to the "Open" category.
- Seeding is based on one of two things:
- NET time in the 2021 Manchester Road Race; or
- Official time from a qualified race run since January of this year.
- The online registration process requires runners to select a seeding group (i.e. U30, U35, U38, U42, or Open)
- If requesting placement in a seeding group other than Open, provide a link to your 2021 MRR results or another qualifying race since January 2022
- If you register by October 1st, your Seed Pen Indicator will be printed directly on your bib
- Registration packets (Bib numbers and Timing Tag) with Seed Pen Indicator (either printed or as an applied sticker) will be mailed to registered runners during the second and third weeks of November. Please allow one week for delivery
- Any Seeding Requests made after midnight on Sunday, Nov 14 must be picked up at the Sports Expo or the morning of the race
- Do not email or snail mail a request for seeding. It will NOT be processed
- All Seeding Requests must be received by NOON EST Thursday, Nov 18
- After this deadline you MUST apply in person (a family member can represent you) at Walk-in Registration. Please bring supporting documentation and your race bib with you
- If you do not qualify for a Seed Card, keep in mind that you can get a reasonably good starting position by lining up at 9:15 am directly behind the U42 seeding section
- Any disputes over seeding will only be dealt with at Walk-in Registration (at the Sports Expo). Be sure you don't leave this until the last minute or you will be left out of our seeding area!
- Race Packets returned to our PO Box may be picked up with proper ID at the Sports Expo or the morning of the race (8:00 am - 9:15 am)
- No Seed Pen Indicators will be reissued. No Seed Pen Indicators (stickers) will be issued on Race Day
- There is NO admittance to a Seed Pen without the appropriate Seed Pen Indicator appropriately affixed to your bib
We will accept results from any qualified race run during 2022
MRR Seeding Conversion Table