All children will race in their specific age group based on their age at 26th March 2023 "no parents run with the 7-13 year old children". The Children Run by themselves although we do have a Family Race later. Children can race in their age group and then do the Families race although they have to be registered for the 2 races separately.
The 4-6 year olds will run next. The Junior KIDZ Mud Run; 500 metres and will require a Parent or Guardian to run with the child.
One VERY IMPORTANT thing, you must wear shoes and a recommendation is to tape these on!!!!
* Race Briefs and Best Dressed will be at 8:45am for all Children from 7-13 years of age.
* Children's Race is first starting at 9:00am. 13 year olds go first, followed by 12, then 11 down to 7 year olds.
* Junior KIDZ Mud Run 500 metres 10:15am, children are to be accompanied by a parent/guardian. a briefing will be held prior to the start of
the 4-6 years olds event.
* Family race starts after the KIDZ Mud Run 4-6 year olds have finished. The families will be briefed prior to the start.
* Once the Family race has finished we will do the Children's Prize Giving. The KIDZ Mud Run and Family Race are both non-competitive. The 7
13 year old Children's times will be recorded and published on the website. Prize giving is for Spot Prizes. To receive a Spot Prize you must be present to collect this.
* Adults Events will start after Prize Giving. This will start will Race Briefing and Best Dressed judging at 12-Noon.
* The 10km Individual will start first, then Individual 5km, followed by Teams. Estimated start time for the adults is 12.15pm.
* Adults Prize Giving is First across the line in the age categories and Spot Prizes. To receive 1st Place and Spot Prizes you must be present to
* All competitors will run, walk, crawl, climb, slide around the park and finish a different colour than you started. Throughout the event you wil
be going over and under certain obstacles, up man made obstacles, slide down obstacles through water/mud, to the finish line taking in some of this magic.
* A water jump, more water, horse jumps, mud, cars to crawl under in the mud, cars to climb over, trucks, hay bails, containers, scaffolding, water bins, slippery slides, camo net crawls, cargo net climbs.
* At the Finish we'll have a wee slide to contend with and some more water plus a few surprises before the Finish.
* Did we mention cars to crawl under in the mud and others to climb over, oh what about the water bins, did we mention.................... I musthave forgotten some obstacles, mud in my ears, eyes and mind!!!
* If you do the 5km you do this once - if you’re the athlete you believe you are - you will do this twice in which case you should enter the 10km
* This type of event will challenge not only your running and walking skills, it will test your cardio vascular system.
* There is water and mud, tyres to run through, wire to crawl under, fences to scale, bales of hay to climb over, mud, a slippery slide and water. * If you have any valuables you want to stuff, then this is the event to wear them in.
* DON’T WEAR anything that is valuable, watches, rings, necklace or earrings as you may lose or damage them. We take no responsibility for
your personal affects that don’t work after this event.We have had competitors lose Wedding and Engagement rings over the years, we recommend that you removed these rings from your fingers prior to taking part.
* The Adults events start after children's prize giving, with Individual 10km first, then Individual 5km followed by Teams, Teams do 5km only.
* Race briefs and best dressed for all Children will be at 8:45am for Children and 12-noon for Adults.
Race Pack Pick Up
Your Race Pack needs to be picked up prior to the event at Avon City Ford at these times.
Thursday 23rd March - between 1:30pm and 5:30pm - Avon City Ford, cnr Main South Rd & Epson Rd, Sockburn, Christchurch.
Friday 24th March - between 1:30pm and 5:30pm - Avon City Ford, cnr Main South Rd & Epson Rd, Sockburn, Christchurch.
Mandeville Sports Centre, Mandeville Road, Swannanoa, New Zealand