ASICS Running Apps – Senior Program Manager(Full time)
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry.
Our mission―in the past, today, and into the future―is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
The Senior Program Manager for the ASICS Runkeeper App will be pivotal to Runkeeper’s success in 2021 and beyond. Runkeeper is a tracking and coaching app that helps users reach their fitness goals through running. Multiple agile software development teams work in coordination with design, UX, marketing, and data science departments to bring new Runkeeper features to life and continuously improve the product. The Senior Program Manager will drive coordination, collaboration, and communication across Runkeeper teams, as well as between Runkeeper, Race Roster, and parent company ASICS. The Senior Program Manager will also be responsible for supporting program planning and product development. This position reports to the head of operations for Runkeeper.
- Assist Runkeeper and Race Roster leadership in developing strategic plans, and communicating and receiving buy-in for those plans from executive leadership within ASICS Digital and ASICS
- Lead the annual planning process for Runkeeper product and marketing, and develop product roadmaps in conjunction with ASICS’ annual planning cycle
- Coordinate the overall work efforts for multiple, multidisciplinary project teams
- Provide oversight on large, cross-functional projects with complex dependencies and shared resources to meet established function, quality, cost, schedule, and communication goals
- Drive the development and implementation of a hiring plan, interview process, and onboarding process for a rapidly growing international team, incorporating Diversity & Inclusion best practices
- Identify areas of needed collaboration across Runkeeper, Race Roster, ASICS Digital, and ASICS, and drive collaborative relationships across the organizations
- Build relationships with key executives across ASICS Digital and ASICS, and proactively communicates with these executives to ensure that they understand and, where necessary, inform or contribute to Runkeeper’s goals, roadmaps, and progress
- Shield the product teams from obstacles so that they can consistently focus on execution
- Create and maintain project documentation, including the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), comprehensive project plans, timelines and key milestones
- Report on Runkeeper performance across key metrics, and against budget
- Inspire commitment, high energy, and positive attitudes across the Runkeeper team
Education & Experience
- 10+ years of experience serving as a program manager (or in a similar leadership role) for multiple teams in a complex, cross-functional organization (a technology or fitness company is a plus)
- A demonstrated passion for health and fitness, tech, and working with big, cross-functional teams to get stuff done
- Basic familiarity with agile software development processes, as well as product development and marketing best practices
- The ability to develop relationships with and create effective, clear, concise, and relevant communication for a variety of stakeholders, including executive leadership
- The ability to think about strategic problems, generate and present options, and facilitate consensus and decision-making among executive leadership and other stakeholders
- Proven ability to develop strategic plans, communicate and receive buy-in from senior stakeholders, and develop an execution plan for agreed-upon deliverables
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work autonomously
- The ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and projects, and set, and meet, deadlines in a complex and fast-paced environment
- High degree of initiative and enthusiasm for quickly learning new concepts and working with new tools and sources of information
- Demonstrated commitment to health equity, antiracism, social justice causes, and community development.
- Strong Microsoft application skills including Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to adapt to change
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS – a Japanese multinational corporation, which was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.