ASICS Running Apps – Business Development Analyst
- Product: ASICS Runkeeper™ app and Race Roster
- Job type: Business
- Position: Full time
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission―in the past, today, and into the future―is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As a Business Development Analyst for ASICS Running Apps, you will be responsible for executional efforts related to new products, services, and partnerships to achieve business goals. The products and services you assist with will include consumer fitness mobile apps, e-commerce experiences, digital fitness partner/product integrations, M&A activities, and new ventures within ASICS Running Apps. In this cross-functional, collaborative role, you will work with various internal and external teams to maintain open communication and drive business results. Additionally, you will be responsible for analyzing quantitative and qualitative performance results and leveraging these insights to recommend future actions. Overall, this multidisciplinary role will require an ability and passion to apply digital technology to help ASICS achieve our mission of helping people achieve a Sound Mind in a Sound Body.
This position is open to internal and external candidates
This role will be working with both the Race Roster and Runkeeper products.
- Work closely with Business Development team to execute strategies for new products, services and partnerships
- Analyze and develop insights from quantitative and qualitative performance results
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure effective and efficient strategy execution
- Collaborate cross-functionally across internal and external stakeholders
- Provide data-driven recommendations for product content and marketing strategy
- Develop go-to-market strategies for new products and services
- Prepare presentations of performance insights and strategic recommendations
- Research digital fitness and running marketplace to identify partnership or M&A opportunities
- Perform strategic outreach to potential partners
- Other duties as directed, including the potential for various ad hoc or special projects as assigned
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running
- Apps teams
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in business, marketing, or related field
- Proven ability to learn and apply new skills efficiently
- Innovative thinker with the ability to apply novel solutions to complex problems
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset
- Passion for fitness and/or running industries
- Interest in emerging and established technologies
- Prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks at once
- Strong organization and data management skills
- Self-motivating, results-driven, top performer
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.