ASICS Running Apps – CRM Marketing Manager(Full time)
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission―in the past, today, and into the future―is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As a CRM Marketing Manager you will be focused on all aspects of the lifecycle and promotional marketing communications for the Runkeeper product through owned channels including email, in-app and push notifications. You will be relied upon to bring innovative user journeys to life that will be proven to drive higher LTV and loyalty based on data-driven opportunity assessments. Day to day, you will serve as our lead consumer advocate, consistently hypothesizing and proving what messaging techniques are most effective for our user base. This position requires flexibility as we respond to new business and customer requirements, while being able to quickly adapt to new strategies and priorities as they evolve.
- Create and lead the strategic vision, planning, launch, and measurement of user journey communications on a global scale for the Runkeeper product
- Launch innovative and contextually relevant lifecycle communications that are driven by our core mission and aligned with growth and product goals
- Communicate our CRM vision and experimentation goals via strategic playbooks to frame potential ROI and unify internal stakeholders (i.e. consumer insights, product, localization, content, media, community)
- Develop and maintain lifecycle marketing roadmap
- Explore new and innovative communications, utilizing a test-and-learn strategy, in order to continually optimize engagement, app usage, and lifetime value while minimizing churn
- Amplify new app features and premium app offerings as measured by feature adoption
- Develop CRM briefs, collaborate with growth, product, campaign, creative, and social teams to ensure all boxes are checked for communications
- Utilize activation, conversion and retention metrics
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of CRM marketing experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with a global brand and audience
- Ability to understand data, derive actionable insights, and bring clarity to opportunities
- Excellent communicator (both verbally & written)
- Seamlessly can influence and work across many cross-functional stakeholders
- The ability to take the initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and a willingness to adopt a generalist approach
- Experience with marketing technology and automation tools such as Iterable, Braze, Leanplum, Amplitude, Appsflyer, Salesforce
- Copywriting experience, preferably with a fitness brand
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.