ASICS Running Apps – Director of Customer Success
- Product: Race Roster
- Job type: Customer success
- Position: Full time
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission―in the past, today, and into the future―is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As a Director of Customer Success, you will be responsible for the overall health, strategy and growth of the Customer Success Teams for Race Roster, the ASICS Runkeeper™ app, and potentially other future apps. You’ll interact with all levels of the leadership team to guide Customer Success initiatives and act as a leader on cross-departmental projects. You’ll be a direct report for Customer Success Managers and will lead by example by offering correct and consistent communication and support to CSMs so they can exceed client expectations.
This position is open to internal and external candidates.
This role will work with the Race Roster and Runkeeper products.
- Responsible for overall Customer Success performance and company retention metrics across Race Roster, ASICS Runkeeper™ App, and other future apps
- Responsible for the building strategy and setting tone of the department
- Controls and manages all Customer Success outcomes as they relate to major clients
- Working closely with the Manager of Customer Success to ensure a healthy queue volume and ensure we’re operating within our Service Agreements
- Responsible for assisting the CSMs with executing contract renewals and pricing negotiations
- Oversees and assigns escalations within ASICS Runkeeper™ app, and other apps
- Work closely with Customer Success Managers and ensures they have the skills and knowledge they need to work autonomously and honour strong partnerships with elite clients (direct report)
- Oversee CRM and Marketing Cloud onboarding and adoption rates and implement a successful billing system with Director of Finance
- Work closely with Race Roster and ASICS Fitness Apps executives to ensure overall company strategy and goals are being implemented and executed at a Customer Success level
- Provide educated insight and advocate for new features to help drive retention, revenue and customer satisfaction
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5-7+ years experience in a professional services environment
- Strong customer service and leadership skills
- Strong organization and data management skills
- Previous work experience with Salesforce/Marketing Cloud platforms strongly preferred
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.