ASICS Running Apps – Finance Operations Specialist
- Product: Race Roster
- Job type: Finance
- Position: Full time
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission―in the past, today, and into the future―is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As the Finance Ops Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving various aspects of the financial operations at Race Roster. In this role, you will be working closely with the Financial Controller to advise on and implement solutions for internal financial ops. Duties under this role include, but are not limited to, identifying inefficiencies in the financial operations and proposing solutions to the Controller and Development teams, sourcing vendor software for the development and implementation of an enhanced financial ERP system, assisting in business development activities including international payment processing and new revenue streams, advising on and implementing technological solutions for tax collection, operational advisory and assistance with M&A transactions.
This position is open to internal and external candidates.
This role will work with the Race Roster product.
- Working closely with the Financial Controller to improve and maintain financial operations and processes
- Identification of system inefficiencies; problem solving and implementation of appropriate solutions
- Sourcing and implementing financial ERP systems, software and programs as needed.
- Working with the Financial Controller to improve and maintain internal controls
- Perform and support necessary audits/reviews/quality assurance checks to ensure data accuracy
- Establishes and implementing proper finance processes and methods across the department and the organization
- Liaison with Development team to maintain accurate and efficient financial processes and reporting
- Assisting with M&A-related tasks, including due diligence and operational transitions
- Other responsibilities as required from time-to-time
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance
- CPA designation
- 2+ years of experience at an Accounting Firm with experience in internal controls
- 2+ years experience with finance operations and full cycle accounting
- Self-starter, ability to meet tight deadlines, and tolerate change and ambiguity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Project management and/or process implementation experience
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office products
- Strong communication skills to ask questions and engage with the team; ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Flexibility and adaptability to learn new software, programs, and processes
- A simple knowledge of database structure and querying (SQL) is an asset
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.