ASICS Running Apps – HR Generalist
- Product: ASICS Runkeeper™ app and Race Roster
- Job type: Human resources
- Position: Full time
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission―in the past, today, and into the future―is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As an HR Generalist, you will be responsible for supporting our HR strategic plan and projects while providing guidance to our employees on corporate policies and HR related inquiries. You will be relied upon to help with the company’s full-cycle recruitment efforts. Day to day, you will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of employee files, employee benefit profiles, and our Human Resource Information System while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. This position requires flexibility as we respond to new business and customer requirements, while being able to quickly adapt to new strategies and priorities as they evolve.
This position is open to internal and external candidates.
This role will be working with both the Race Roster and Runkeeper products.
- Posting job vacancies internally and externally, reviewing candidate pool and assisting managers or their designate throughout the recruitment process
- Perform pre-screen interviews, and reference checks on potential new hires as directed
- Assist in researching and applying for employment grant opportunities
- Facilitate onboarding efforts of newly hired team members
- Assist management in facilitating employee engagement initiatives, retreats and other professional development activities
- Provide guidance to employees in regards to onboarding, corporate policies and programs, as well as assist with HR related inquiries
- Administer various people surveys and prepare necessary personnel reports for management as needed
- Assist finance department with payroll and ensure accurate bi-weekly payroll processing as needed
- Monitor time off records, leaves of absences, etc.
- Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory
- Perform administrative and organizational duties as directed, including the potential for various ad hoc or special projects as assigned
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
Education & Experience
- 1-3 years experience in an HR specific role
- Completion of post secondary education in Human Resources
- CHRP designation an asset
- Strong computer skills, including Mac OS.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- High level of emotional intelligence with strong people, listening and interpersonal skills
- Focus on teamwork and professional demeanor
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Sound decision making skills and independent judgement
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.