ASICS Running Apps – Marketing Manager(Full time)
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission―in the past, today, and into the future―is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As a Marketing Manager you will manage the end-to-end execution of marketing campaigns and programs—from product launches to engagement campaigns and sweepstakes. Through coordination with growth, social, content, and product teams, you will strategize opportunities and integrated campaigns to further the brand and engage users. You’ll work with global partners to support regional priorities in alignment with Runkeeper priorities that ladder up to ASICS.
- Develop a deep understanding of brand priorities (business targets, P&L priorities, segmentation, priority markets) to pinpoint the biggest marketing opportunities
- Work directly with creative, product, CRM, and social to build break-through, customer centric campaigns that work
- Identify unique marketing opportunities aligned with business priorities (major events, partnerships, sponsorship opportunities, seasonal moments, etc) and deliver campaigns or activations against them on a global scale
- Ensure alignment of campaigns with social, content, and growth strategy.
- Collaborate with growth team on deeper retention analysis as it relates to Runkeeper user purchasing behaviors (churn, renewal)
- Program manage all aspects of campaigns and feature launches to ensure operational excellence, impressive deliverable quality, and adequate stakeholder management. Evaluate key performance metrics and identify opportunities for further optimization.
- Report on success of core marketing programs and make recommendations for optimization both in the short and long term
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of generalist marketing experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with a global brand and audience
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy with customer-centric instincts
- Ability to understand data, derive actionable insights, and bring clarity to opportunities
- Excellent communicator (both verbally & written)
- Effective project manager who can juggle a variety of priorities simultaneously
- The ability to take the initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and a willingness to adopt a generalist approach
- Experience in conceptualizing and executing compelling integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience owning end-to-end marketing programs and ensuring the right stakeholders are involved and deliver on time and budget
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.
Race Roster is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sex, place of origin, ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, creed, record of offences, genetics, disability, age, marital status, family status, veteran status, or fitness level.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.