ASICS Running Apps – Quality Assurance Engineer
- Product: ASICS Runkeeper™ app
- Job type: Quality assurance
- Position: Full time
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body), represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission―in the past, today, and into the future―is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As a Quality Assurance Engineer on the Runkeeper product, you are a strong advocate for accessibility to users from varied walks of life and at all stages of their fitness journeys, and exhibit this through your testing. On a daily basis you are expected to demonstrate that existing and new functionality meet the highest standards of quality, reliability, user-friendliness, security, and speed. As a team, we think critically about the structure of new features to find bugs wherever they may hide. Our testing enables education of the team on the current state of application versions so we can make well-informed, intelligent decisions together. This position requires flexibility as we respond to new business and customer requirements, while being able to quickly adapt to new strategies and priorities as they evolve.
This position is open to internal and external candidates.
This role works on the Runkeeper product.
- You’ll be testing new features as they are developed, working side by side with software engineers, designers, and product managers to find, log, and prioritize bugs.
- You’ll be contributing to our automation framework, maintaining and writing new tests and test suites.
- You’ll be responsible for regression testing for releases and for keeping the regression test suite up to date.
- You’ll write clear and concise test plans and bug reports.
- You’ll own QA responsibilities throughout the release process.
- You’ll act as a point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinate QA resources internally and externally.
- You’ll meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years QA experience
- 2+ years automation experience (or relevant experience, as described by you)
- Strong organization and data management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience working with automation framework(s)
- Swift, Java, Python
- Appium, Selenium
- Effective use of time & resources; ability to complete tasks
- Strong communication skills across departments
- Continuously learning and improving in (& beyond) your role
- Teamwork & collaboration
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.