ASICS Running Apps – Acquisition and Retention Marketing Manager(Full time)
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission―in the past, today, and into the future―is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As an Acquisition and Retention Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for collaborating with your marketing team members to acquire new users, facilitate appropriate handoff and nurturing of newly acquired Runkeeper users. Your focus will be on elevating our user acquisition and retention strategy by leveraging marketing channels, messaging and audience targeting in a mobile app ecosystem. You’ll quickly become the go-to for all growth metrics and will be able to quickly identify prominent areas of improvement to find new qualified users, reduce churn and increase subscription renewal for our existing users. Understanding the latest marketing technology tools (like AppsFlyer and Amplitude) will enable success in this role. You’ll play a big part of the larger picture to improve Runkeeper user growth.
- Become an in-house expert on Amplitude and AppsFlyer cohorting reports and develop, measure and set benchmarks for user acquisition, retention and engagement KPIs for the Growth team
- Own a regular reporting cadence for all acquisition and retargeting channels and share with appropriate stakeholders
- Lead and analyze acquisition channel strategies to ensure ROAS positive metrics across all media channels
- Re-engage Runkeeper users by executing on retargeting campaign strategies, upsell tactics and testing
- Develop acquisition, reactivation, winback strategies for lapsed users across channel
- Collaborate with product on paywall testing plan and report on insights as it relates to subscription growth
- Work closely with the brand and data team on deeper user analysis as it relates to Runkeeper user purchasing behaviors (acquisition, churn, renewal)
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in business, marketing, advertising or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of acquisition and retention marketing experience
- Proven track record of executing re-engagement strategies
- Deep channel knowledge of the following: Search, Display, SEO, Affiliate, and Paid Social
- Strong proficiency with marketing tools (Mobile Measurement Partner (MMP), Tableau, Google Analytics, Optimize360, Amplitude, Google Ads, Apple Search Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Snap Ads and other third-party advertising platforms)
- Results and data-driven
- Ability to craft stories from consumer and data insights
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ideally have worked with subscription businesses in the past
- Ability to grow monthly active users, improve subscription and download growth for Runkeeper
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain growth mindset to consistently improve efficiencies and processes on the team
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.