ASICS Running Apps – Tax Analyst
- Product: ASICS Runkeeper™ app and Race Roster
- Job type: Finance
- Position: Full time
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission―in the past, today, and into the future―is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
The Tax Analyst will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of domestic and international taxation, including but not limited to sales tax, income tax, transfer pricing, and payroll taxes. This position will report to the Senior Tax Analyst and Financial Controller at Race Roster for all tax-related matters. This position requires flexibility as we respond to new business and customer requirements, while being able to quickly adapt to new strategies and priorities as they evolve.
This role will be working with the Race Roster and Runkeeper products.
- Reporting to the Senior Tax Analyst and Financial Controller for all aspects of sales/excise tax, income tax, payroll tax, etc.
- Assistance with annual Canadian, US, and UK income tax returns.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of indirect tax compliance returns in Canada, USA, UK, Australia etc
- Employer payroll tax slip reporting
- US 1099’s and other filings as required.
- Ensuring tax compliance across the in-house platform
- Other duties as assigned
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA designation is an asset
- 3+ years of experience working in a tax role
- Experience with domestic and international tax research
- Experience with Canadian tax compliance
- Experience with US and/or international tax compliance is an asset
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, and advanced Microsoft Excel skill set
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.