Merchandise and Sponsorship Coordinator(Full time)
Founded in London, Ontario, Canada, Race Roster is an online event registration platform geared towards running and endurance events around the world. In 2019, Race Roster became a subsidiary of ASICS, a Japanese multinational corporation, whose vision and mission are to “Create Quality Lifestyle through Intelligent Sport Technology” and to provide goods and services that promote healthy and fulfilling lifestyles throughout the world.
Race Roster’s parent company, ASICS, is especially well known for their connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen their commitment to running, ASICS is expanding their investment in running related digital services, i.e. Running event technology (Race Roster), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help them to better serve runners.
Amongst many things, running events have long served the purpose of creating better connections between runners and brands. To help accelerate the connection between ASICS and the running events that utilize the Race Roster platform, we are looking to add an experienced Merchandise and Sponsorship Coordinator to our team. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative technology business, focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, Race Roster is the place for you.
As a Merchandise and Sponsorship Coordinator, you will coordinate merchandise sales with the running events that use the Race Roster platform. You will also coordinate sponsorship activities between ASICS, the ASICS Runkeeper app, and event directors. This position requires flexibility as we respond to new business and customer requirements, while being able to quickly adapt to new strategies and priorities as they evolve.
- Playing a key role in bringing to life the strategy behind a new digital runner ecosystem, i.e. integrating ASICS into the Race Roster and ASICS Runkeeper app experience
- Forecast merchandise purchases, place orders and manage inventory
- Sell merchandise through catalogues, meetings and presentations
- Travel to running events around the world and coordinate expo sales initiatives
- Collaborate with event organizers on merchandise orders, asics.com shopping activations, Runkeeper GO™ offers and other brand related programs
- Coordinate project logistics on brand related events (virtual or in-real-life)
- Liaise between teams, navigate obstacles and manage expectations
- Represent the ASICS, ASICS Runkeeper and Race Roster brands in all activities
- Work closely with accounting, legal and intellectual property teams to ensure approvals
Education & Experience
- 6+ years of experience working in apparel, brand or merchandising roles
- Ability to work in a team and independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Proactive approach (thinking two steps ahead to navigate obstacles and adapt)
- Reliable and communicative to ensure solid execution of projects and tasks
- Strong understanding of apparel style and brand representation
- Comfort and ability to travel independently outside of Canada
- Experience with large merchandise orders and inventory management
- Demonstration and sales experience with prospecting customers
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization