Thank you for joining us for our first sold-out fundraising event! We will be bringing the race back next year!
Get ready for fall’s most ‘spirited’ event!
DROP DEAD 5K
Presented by Church Street Realty and Avidxchange!
November 6, 2021 @ 9 a.m.
Join us Saturday, November 6, 2021 rain or shine at 9 a.m. for the first-ever Drop Dead 5K presented by Avidxchange and Church Street Realty! The race will take place throughout the 70+ acres of Charlotte’s Historic Elmwood Pinewood Cemeteries. Run by the likes of Belk, Ivey, Morrison, Tate, and Blake, just to name a few of the resident luminaries.
Registration is now open! Your registration fee includes:
- An official race shirt,
- Custom race bib,
- Finisher medal,
- And a complimentary beer!
Join us for the 5K race that includes:
- A fun run/walk,
- Food trucks - Hip Hop Smoothies, La Bodega CLT, and Urban Sweets Co.
- And guided tours! Multiple tours will take place after the race!
We will be selling raffle tickets prior to the race and will announce the winners live (must be present to win) after the award ceremony. Tickets will be 1 for $5, 5 for $20, or 10 for $40. Prizes include:
- A VIP Night at the Brauhaus from The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. Includes two rounds of beer and dinner at the OMB Brauhaus for up to 4 guests ($140 value)
- For the Fur Babies - A Bark Box filled with 2 toys, 2 treat bags and a chew ($35 value)
- Four vouchers to the Comedy Zone from sponsor Avidxchange Music Factory ($300 value)
- Two vouchers good for a show at The Fillmore from sponsor Avidxchange Music Factory ($150 value)
- Choice of one of the following services from sponsor Ivy Integrative! Choose from either a free neck and shoulder acupuncture tension release session, Percussive Therapy, or Vibration Plate Session ($100 value)
- A cake made by Johnson & Wales University baking & pastry students ($20 value - 5 different winners as they have donated 5 cakes!)
- A one-night stay at The Dunhill Hotel with wine in the room + a $50 voucher to The Ashbury + complimentary parking ($400 value)
All proceeds help support the 501(c)3 nonprofit, Historic Elmwood Pinewood, Inc. (HEPI). Help us support the cemetery’s restoration and preservation while getting some exercise and enjoying some history! Can’t make the race but still want to support? Register as a "Sleep In Supporter" and get the official 2021 race shirt.
Join us for the 5K Awards Ceremony at 10:00 AM.
Awards will be given out to:
Top 3 Males/Females Overall
Top 1 Male/Female in the following Age Groups:
19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
About Historic Elmwood Pinewood Cemeteries (HEPI)
HEPI is a 501(3) non-profit dedicated to preserving, restoring, enhancing, and sharing the original historic and park-like atmosphere of Elmwood, Pinewood, and Settlers' Cemeteries.
Before there was a Department of Park and Recreation, cemeteries were purposely designed for dual-use. Easter and Halloween parades were conducted in Elmwood. Families had picnics and children played in the green space. We at HEPI believe that we, in concert with the City, can provide both a safe, friendly, and serene environment for those interred, those visiting loved ones, and those wanting to learn about our past or just take a break from the hubbub.
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Online registration closed
- Online registration closed
- Event contact
- Start 2 Finish