River Zombies 5K
Race for your life!
Sunday, November 16, 2014 - 10:00 AM EST
Online Registration for River Zombies 5K is now closed. Same day registration WILL take place from 11 am to 2 pm at the race site 110 W. Mercer (the old First Tee Location).
A 5K Fun Run Obstacle Course to benefit the Flint RiverQuarium. Try to avoid the Zombies and be the first across the finish line!
This is an untimed race. Each person crossing the finish line will receive a medal. There will be a prize for the first female and first male to cross the finish line with the most life flags left.
Registraion begins at 11 am. The Race is at 3 pm. Festival and musical entertaiment begins at 11 am.
The Race location for this year has been changed to the old First Tee location.
Registration Fees (all values in USD)
|Event Options||Past Price|
Jul 02 - Oct 25
Event Day Schedule
Nov 16 8:00 AM - Registration and Packet Pick-up
Nov 16 10:00 AM - Race Start
Nov 16 11:30 AM - Winners announced
- Humans must be at least 12 years old
- To qualify for first place you must run the entire course and complete all obstacles, you may choose not to complete an obstacle, but you will not be qualified to win
- Humans must wear their number bib in a visible location while running
- Life Flags must be visible and accessible
- Humans do NOT become Zombies when all lives are lost, continue running even if all life flags are lost
- All Humans who complete the course, regardless of the number of life flags still held, will receive a medal
- Zombies may ‘steal’ the life flag of any runner by pulling the flag off – you may not tackle, trip, punch or otherwise physically impede a runner
- Humans may not punch, trip or otherwise physically impede Zombies
- Humans may not steal life flags from Zombies
- Zombies will have marked areas they must stay in while they attempt to steal Human life flags
- Absolutely NO WEAPONS of any kind allowed
- Participants must abide by instructions given by race officials during race
- Disqualification will occur when a participant fails to wear their number, hides life flags, leaves the course, takes a shortcut or otherwise exhibits poor sportsmanship
- Participants understand and acknowledge that River Zombies 5K is an extreme event and accept all risks associated with the event. All participants must sign a waiver, under age 18 participants must have a parent or guardian present to sign the waiver
- Participants agree to photographs to being taken and to allow the Flint RiverQuarium to use such photos for future promotions
- All wheeled devices are strictly prohibited from the course during the race
- Non-participants will not be allowed on the course during the run
A big thank you to all of this year's sponsors:
Event Contact Information
Name: Vicki Churchman