Skip to main content

Raise money for Amherst Island’s Neilson Store Museum

Opened in 2004, Amherst Island’s Neilson Store Museum highlights artifacts from Island families and Island history since its first settlement in 1789, when it was originally named Isle Tonti. Items in the collection include the MV Amherst Islander’s ship’s wheel, bell, and logs. Designated under the Ontario Heritage Act, the Museum itself is also an exhibit having once been owned by James S. Neilson, an island grain merchant who opened his first general store in 1873, with the store remaining in the Neilson family for more than one hundred years.

Recent donors

Date Name Amount
Aug 17 jacob murray $10.00
Aug 15 Laurie Kilpatrick $50.00
Aug 07 Tom MacIntosh Undisclosed amount
Aug 06 Anonymous $10.00
Jul 31 Michael Riley $25.00
May 08 Anonymous $25.00
Apr 30 Anonymous Undisclosed amount