Hopewell Rocks Multi-terrain 9k Race 2019
Hopewell Rocks - Hopewell Cape - Sunday 19 May - 09.30am
We are excited to be back for year 5 of our Hopewell Rocks Multi-terrain 9k. In the last 4 years we have had so many people visit Hopewell for the first time because of the race and they love the park. Our race is entirely within the park boundaries and will feature a variety of surfaces including asphalt, gravel trails, grass, beach and stairs. For 2019 we will run the race on a slightly different route as we will take in the main beach section first before heading onto the trails and roads, this is so that we can have the race within the tide schedule. Don't worry though we will still have all the great features that our athletes have loved over the last few years.
Hopewell Rocks is one of the leading Tourism destinations in Canada and located in the Bay of Fundy, home of the Highest Tides in the World so what better way to celebrate one of our wonderful tourism venues than by having a running race on the ocean floor at Low Tide.
As usual we will have our top quality finishers medals to the first 200 registrations.
Due to tide times race start will be at 09.30am on Sunday 19 May and your race registration fee includes entrance into the park for 2 days during race weekend. We have also negociated a highly discounted price of $4.75 taxes in, for friends and family coming with you to watch you race (payable locally). This is roughly a 9k race but distances may vary due beach conditions on race day - this is not a PR course.
Hopewell Rocks 9k Virtual Race
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL RACE? A virtual race is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, at the gym or on the track. You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself. We will mail your race bib and medal directly to you and you can participate on your own schedule. Here's how it will work.
Upload your results to our Facebook page "Hopewell Rocks 8k Multi-terrain 8k Race" or email us at email@example.com
Please note that due to problems in the past we will not be able to hold entries over for future years or issue refunds. All registrations are non-transferable, non-refundable and must not be sold on without the prior consent of the Race Director.
Here are a few of the comments from our 2018 Hopewell Rocks Race.
I returned again to the Hopewell Rocks 8K this year, and I must say, this year was even better than last year!
Thank you so much! I’m looking forward to participating next year, already!!
My husband and I had a great time – it was our first time attending
So much fun and such spectacular scenery! Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers, I loved it!
Thank you to the organizers and volunteers and park staff for making this a very enjoyable run!
Another great run. Thank You to the organizers & volunteers. It was a wet one.. lol
A great event! Many thanks to all organizers and volunteers. Already looking forward to doing it again next year!!
Early Bird pricing
Virtually Run Hopewell Rocks 8k Multi-terrain 8k Race - steps to race success. 1) Register for our Virtual Race 2) Close to race date we will mail you your medal and race bib roughly 2 weeks prior to race day. 3) Choose your location and distance to run the 8k your way. 4) Set a date and run your race! 5) Celebrate your victory! Wear your medal with pride! You’ve earned it! * Send us a photo of you completing your virtual race with your medal • Upload your results to our Facebook page "Hopewell Rocks 8k Multi-terrain 8k Race" or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Bird pricing
Hopewell Rocks Pre-Race Info
1) There will be mud, how much depends on the tides, but expect to get very, very muddy.
2) Even if there is no mud still expect to get mucky as sections of the race are on a beach and the sand may be soft and wet.
3) Wear old sneakers - we don't want to get your new, shiny, race shoes all dirty, wet & mucky.
4) While on the beach and trails take care over wet rocks, slippy seaweed, soft sand and wet stairs. Please exercise caution.
5) The park is NOT closed to the public on race day so please be aware of vehicles and pedestrians on the course.
6) On the road section of the course please run on the left and do not cut corners as you are sharing the road with vehicles.
7) Please be courteous to other park users.
8) The start and finish points of the race are in different locations so you may have to walk or take the shuttle cart (for a fee) back to the parking lot.
9) On the beach sections the less muddy routes are those that hug the coastline.
10) When you reach the turnaround on the second beach section of the race through the Flowerpots there will be no signage so you will choose your own route back to the iron staircase.
May 19 7:30 AM ADT - Race Registration Opens
May 19 9:00 AM ADT - Registration Closes at 9.00am Sharp
May 19 9:30 AM ADT - Race Start