The Little River Reservoir Ultra - 52k & 26k & 10k foot race
Sunday 25 August at the Little River Reservoir, East Saint John.
The Little River Reservoir Ultra will take place completely within the park on a traffic free, crushed rock, flat course over a 3.3k looped course with spectacular views of the park and lake and an elevation change of only 10m. The nature of this short loop will make it easy and safe for runners to obtain nutrition and see friends & family each lap. The final number of runners will be limited to avoid saturation in the park so please register early.
Race Day Schedule:
52k Individual & Relay start time = 8.00am
26k start time = 9.00am
10k start time = 10.00am
We have added a new Relay option for the Ultra 52k Race - Teams of 2 people - the choice is yours to decide who runs each lap. You can alternate each lap or run multiple laps and then switch to your team member. The important thing is that between you, you cover the race distance.
Here are 10 great reasons to race an Ultra with us.
1) All finishers will receive a beautiful Medal / Gift.
2) Beautiful location and scenic course.
3) One of the fastest routes / terrain you can possibly find if you are seeking a Personal Record.
4) One of the flattest routes if this is your first Ultra.
5) Gravel trail makes running a little easier on the body.
6) 3.3k per lap makes it easy to see friends and family - no long meandering course for hours on end.
7) One amazingly stocked aid station per lap makes access to food and drinks easy and we can keep any special foods/drinks for runners at the aid station for quick access each lap.
8) Great camaraderie on course amongst runners on the looped route.
9) Impossible to get lost - once you complete loop 1 - repeat until the end.
10) We will allow 1 support runner after the 5 hour point to bring you home. No support runners prior to this point. (no pacing of any kind will be allowed prior to 5 hours).
No littering on the course. What you bring in, take out with you. If you are caught you will get an infraction ranging from a 15 minute time penalty to disqualification.
Red Route in the map below indicates the provisional race route of 3.3k per lap
Per team of 2 people - IMPORTANT NOTE - DO NOT CREATE A SEPARATE REGISTRATION FOR YOUR TEAM MEMBER AS YOU WILL BE CHARGED TWICE. JUST PROVIDE THE NAME IN THE QUESTION FIELDS.
3 laps of the Rez equals 9.9km and is a perfect route for a PR with 1 aid station per lap
August 25 6:30 AM EDT - Race Registration Opens
August 25 8:00 AM EDT - 50k Ultra Starts
August 25 9:00 AM EDT - 26.5k Race Starts
August 25 10:00 AM EDT - 10k Race Start