Raise money for SMALLWOOD M.VALLEY FIRE DEPT.
In the fall of 1952 about a dozen men banded together to form the Smallwood Mongaup Valley Fire District and the Smallwood Mongaup Valley Fire Company. After much hard work and numerous setbacks, the fire district and the fire company became a reality, and the Smallwood Mongaup Valley Fire Company received its charter on August 20, 1953. The first meeting was held at the Mongaup Valley Methodist church Hall on September 11, 1953. We obtained our first piece of apparatus in November of 1953, a second hand Sanford Pumper. In August 1954, we purchased the Ballard barn and renovated it with the help of donations generously given by the residents of the fire district. In 1962, we added a 40 x 60 extension to house our apparatus. In 1994 we completed a renovation of the firefighters lounge and kitchen, and in 1999 we renovated the exterior of the firehouse.
|Jul 05||Anonymous||Undisclosed amount|
|Jun 28||Diane LaHowchic||$50.00|
|Jun 25||Paul Romano||$50.00|
|Jun 15||Johanna Congiusti||Undisclosed amount|
|Jun 14||Kevin Rumsey||$10.00|
|Jun 06||Michael Schleifer||$25.00|