Stride for Sight 5K is a unique event for all ages and abilities,
with blind and sighted runners competing together.
The event will help fund the comprehensive programs
at the Foundation for Blind Children.
This event will feature a timed 5K and a relaxed 1-mile walk held in Scottsdale,
with a unique twist known as “The Blindfold Challenge” where you can compete
blindfolded with a team member of your choosing as a sighted guide.
Blindfold Challenge: For those looking for adventure, the Blindfold Challenge is an opportunity to compete in the 5k run blindfolded with a sighted guide. Running blindfolded takes competition to a whole new level and is sure to be a life changing experience! Create a 2-person team and compete blindfolded using one another as a sighted guide. Run the entire route blindfolded or run it as the sighted guide, or trade roles halfway through to get a taste of the challenges for each position. Each Teammate must register separately. Blindfolds and tethers will be provided.
- March 27 3:00 PM - Packet Pick-Up at Sole Sports Scottsdale from 3-6pm
- March 29 7:00 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up and Registration Opens
- March 29 8:00 AM - 5K Begins
- March 29 8:10 AM - 1 Mile Begins
- March 29 9:00 AM - Award Ceremony Begins (approx)