It is with much difficulty that we share with you the 24th Annual Air Force Marathon in-person events scheduled for September 17-19 at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base are cancelled with virtual options offered.
For those participants who are currently registered, the Air Force Marathon team has thoughtfully developed three options to choose from that are listed below. Additionally, for those who have yet to register, there is still time to sign up to participate in the virtual events.
- VIRTUAL RACE: Complete the Air Force Marathon, half marathon, 10K, 5K, Tailwind Trot or Fly! Fight! Win! Challenge Series race virtually September 1-30 and receive your 2020 bib(s), medal(s), and race shirt(s). With this option, participants will also receive a 20% discount to any 2021 Air Force Marathon race.
- GIFT AN AIRMAN: Registration may be gifted to a military member planning to participate in the 2021 Air Force Marathon or half marathon. By selecting this option, participants will receive a 20% discount to any 2021 Air Force Marathon race.
- DEFERRAL: Free deferral ($15 deferral fee waived) to Air Force Marathon race weekends scheduled for 2021, 2022, or 2023.
Participants are asked to follow the instructions below and make their selection by Sunday, June 28 in order for the marathon team to stay on schedule with ordering items and planning the virtual race experience.
- Visit your participant dashboard and sign in to your Race Roster account using the same email you registered with in order to make your selection.
- Click “Edit Registration” on the right.
- Select your option.
- Click “Save & Exit” to submit your change.
If an option is not selected before the deadline, registrants will automatically be entered into the virtual race.
More information about this decision can be found on our website and you will also find an FAQ page with answers to your virtual race and cancellation questions. If you feel you have additional concerns, you may contact the Air Force Marathon at email@example.com.
These are challenging times for all of us, but with the support of our participants, volunteers, spectators, and partners, we are conﬁdent that we will return to the start line stronger than ever.
Where Perseverance and Pride Take Flight!
Click one of the buttons below to get started!