Please note: While Blue Star Blitz will be held on August 22nd, due to the current COVID-19 situation, modifications have been made to the original format of the Blue Star Blitz, including that we will no longer be hosting the Short Track Race, Kid’s Scavenger Hunt, Craft Beer Blitz or having a band. Please read below carefully to see all modifications.
*Long-sleeved Recover brand shirt guaranteed to all registered before August 10, 2020.
All packet pick up will be at the Lake Haigler entrance in front of the Greenway Gateway. Please pull up in front of the Gateway and stay in your vehicle. Packet pick up will be available the following days:
Wednesday, August 19th from 11a to 1p
Thursday, August 20th from 8a to 10a
Friday, August 21st from 4p to 6p
Saturday, August 22nd
6:15a: Parking opens
6:30a-7:15a: 10K waves go out
8a-9:15a: 5K waves go out
9:30a-6p: 5K Hike Challenge trail open
While we can’t hold our traditional Blue Star Blitz we figured it might still be fun to get out of the house and race along some beautiful single track. Don’t worry – we will beat the heat with an early morning start! There are some key changes to Blue Star Blitz this year all of which have been made to allow us to maximize participant safety while still holding the race. Please read this web page closely so that you are aware of all the changes.
Please practice social distancing at all times and wear a mask when you are not actively running. Please no spectators for this race.
- We will not be hosting the event portion of the race (craft beer blitz, band, food) and all participants will be asked to leave immediately after they are finished running. If you pre-purchased a souvenir cup you will be refunded. We strongly encourage you to head over to the Gateway Canteen to celebrate your race!
- We are sad to say that we will not be able to host the short track mountain bike race or the kid’s scavenger hunt. If you have already registered for these, you will be refunded.
- Why are we not hosting the short track? Trust us – we are bummed too! We want to be able to focus on making this event as safe as possible and so instead of trying to do too much we are going to focus on the trail race for this and then in September focus on just mountain biking for TreeShaker. Thank you for your understanding!
- We will not have day of registration, day of packet pick up, or medals on the day
- Registration will close Monday August 17th at 10p
- Packet pick up will be Wed-Fri August 19th-21st, times TBA. This will be a drive up format where you can collect your bib and event t-shirt. Please note that day of pick up will not be available and you need your bib to run.
- We will announce results the week after the race as well as times for winners to come pick up prizes and medals.
- There will be no water stops on the race course or at the start/finish line. Please bring enough water for your race.
How will the 5K, 10K and Hike Challenge Work?
For the 5K and 10K you will select a timeslot at registration. You may show up no earlier than 15 minutes before your timeslot. Timeslots are in 15 minute increments. We will have 30 people in a time slot who will go out in waves of 10, two minutes apart.
10K time slots: 6:30a, 6:45a, 7a, 7:15a
5K time slots: 8a, 8:15, 8:30a, 8:45a, 9a, 9:15a
Early start times are to help beat the heat. It’s pretty hot out there these days!
For those participating in the 5K hike challenge we will leave the 5K course marked until 6p that day and you will be welcome to hike the course at your leisure anytime between 9:30a and 6p.
How do I select a timeslot if I have already registered?
- Go to https://raceroster.com/dashboard/participants.
- Click the "Edit registration" button.
- Click "Products".
- Choose your start time and click "Save and exit"
Get fit, support the Greenway, enjoy the outdoors and, of course, get a super cool race t-shirt by taking on our hiking challenge. In its second year the hiking challenge is for those who want to be part of the race, help support the Greenway but want to take a little more time to enjoy the trail. Those who participate in our hiking challenge will be hiking our marked 5k course. They will sign up just like a race participant, the only difference being they won’t be timed or competing for first place. This is a super fun way to be part of the day’s events, so grab your family, friends and your dog and come hike with us!
5K and 10K AWARDS
Top 3 Overall Male and Female
Top 3 Male and Female in the following age groups:
- 14 and Under
- 60 and Over
REFUND & WEATHER POLICY
Race registration is non-refundable. More than two weeks out you may transfer your race registration to another competitor or to another Greenway race of equal or lesser value. All transfers are at the discretion of the Race Director.
Our events run rain or shine unless there is severe weather. While we never want to cancel a race, in situations such as tornado warnings, thunderstorms, heavy and persistent rain etc., we will need to cancel. Should we cancel you will be notified via social media, our website, and email. Should we cancel there will be no refunds as that money has already been put toward the race.
Questions? Contact Sara Lee at SaraLee@ASCGreenway.org. REGISTRATION OPENS JANUARY 1st, 2020
$30.00Jan 1 – Jan 31
$35.00Feb 1 – Aug 17
$40.00Jan 1 – Jan 31
$45.00Feb 1 – Aug 17
$20.00Jan 1 – Jan 31
$20.00Feb 1 – Aug 17
- Event contact
- Sara Lee