*** COVID-19 UPDATE AS OF MARCH 17, 2020 ***
The Marathon and Half Marathon are USATF-certified (USATF cert. no. AK14008FW), out and back courses. The events are run at sea level on the lightly traveled, two-lane Douglas Highway/North Douglas Highway in Juneau, Alaska. By virtue of its certification, the marathon can be used as a time qualifier for the Boston Marathon. The moderately hilly course has been compared in difficulty to the Boston Marathon. The scenic course offers views of mountains, glaciers, forests, and the ocean. The start/finish is near the picnic shelter at Sandy Beach, in Douglas.
Delta Air Lines is offering discounts for air travel to and from the event. Use Meeting Event Code NMU56 when making your reservations!
Registration closes in
Countdown to event
- July 25 5:00 AM AKDT - Packet Pickup
- July 25 7:00 AM AKDT - Juneau Marathon Early Start TIme (no awards)
- July 25 8:00 AM AKDT - Juneau Marathon Start TIme
- July 25 9:00 AM AKDT - Juneau Half-Marathon Start Time
- July 25 11:30 AM AKDT - Awards