The 10th Annual Ride for Angels
A Non-competitive Charity Cycling Event, Fun for All Riding Abilities
The Ride for Angels is a noncompetitive cycling grass-roots fundraising event that was founded to raise funds and awareness for Angel Flight NE’s mission. Angel Flight NE is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization that coordinates free air transportation for patients – children and adults - who need to access specialized medical outside of their geographic area. There is never a charge for Angel Flight NE’s services, and they are provided for as long and as often as an individual needs their assistance.
Since Angel Flight NE’s first flight in 1996, the organization’s mission coordinators have scheduled more than 80,000 flights of healing and hope for patients to travel to 189 medical facilities throughout the United States with the support of 400+ volunteer pilots and aviation partners – JetBlue and Cape Air. As well, more than 200 Earth Angels help provide ground transportation to patients and their families and transport them to and from their destinations.
Angel Flight NE’s main service area covers 9 states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Angel Flight NE supports veterans with the Angel for Armed Forces Program and assists with Disaster Relief.
- September 13 6:00 AM EDT - Registration Opens
- September 13 7:00 AM EDT - 100 Mile Ride Begins
- September 13 8:30 AM EDT - 65 Mie Ride Begins
- September 13 10:00 AM EDT - 45 Mile Ride Begins
- September 13 11:00 AM EDT - 20 Mile Ride Begins
- September 13 12:00 PM EDT - BBQ Lunch
- September 13 2:00 PM EDT - Awards Ceremony
- September 13 4:00 PM EDT - 4:00 Event Ends