Raise money for The WoodGreen Foundation
One of the largest social service agencies in Toronto, WoodGreen Community Services has been a solution provider for many of Toronto’s most pressing social issues for more than 80 years. Serving close to 40,000 clients, WoodGreen focuses on poverty reduction and stabilizing the community, providing programs across the organization with a lens of economic inclusion.
WoodGreen provides a broad range of services to empower individuals and families with low incomes and other barriers to success to improve their social, physical, mental and financial well-being. WoodGreen helps individuals and families gain economic stability and transition into healthy futures.
Homeward Bound is an innovative, holistic, education and employment program for homeless and precarious housed, mother-led families that provides a pathway to economic stability and family security.
Homeward Bound incorporates wrap-around services and supports that systematically eliminate the multitude of barriers that disadvantaged single mothers face in trying to move themselves and their families out of poverty. The program empowers participants, the majority of whom are fleeing violence, through:
· Safe, affordable furnished housing
· On-site child care and after-school programs for children and youth, including tutoring
· Intensive, goal-oriented case management
· Academic upgrading and computer skills development; financial literacy education; employability skills; parenting support; trauma counselling; and individual and family therapy
· Fully-funded, two-year college diploma program a field with high employment prospects,
· Fourteen-week internships, through our Industry Council, in which Scotiabank is a valued partner
· Access to sustainable employment
· Program exit assistance and ongoing engagement and mentorship
Upon completion, the women have earned a college diploma, and gained vital skills and experience that help to ensure: ongoing employment, with family–sustaining salaries; stable housing; economic independence; and positive futures for themselves and their children.
Click on one of our teams below to make a donation.