Chilly Bear Chase
Want to run in America’s first 5K crossing two states? There’s only one place to do it! Join us in McCaysville, Georgia for one or all four of the Riverwalk Run Series seasonal cross-state 5Ks.
The course takes runners through the charming downtowns of McCaysville and its sister city, Copperhill, Tennessee – two cities united by a state line at the heart of the historical Copper Basin. Covering 3.1 miles, participants will not only cross from Georgia into Tennessee and back into Georgia, but they will also run through the iconic steel bridge, one of few left in America, that spans the Toccoa River (aka Ocoee River in Tennessee).
The series was created by the McCaysville Business Association, a non-profit organization, to further the goal of fostering economic, cultural and social growth within the community. Drive up for the day or spend the weekend with family and friends in nearby Blue Ridge or lease one of the many area cabins for an unforgettable North Georgia getaway weekend. Food, drinks and music can be found before and after the race on the river deck of Riverwalk Shops, located across the street from the starting line. Parking will be plentiful and free across from the McCaysville City Park.
7 AM Race Setup
9 AM Race Start at McCaysville Information Center
10 AM Awards on Riverwalk Shops Riverdeck
11 AM Race Cutoff
- Runners requested to social distance
- Social distancing encouraged when not racing
- Runners cannot participate, if running a fever
- NO water on course, runners must bring their own
- Bottled water available at finish
- Packet pick-up available the week before race at Burra Burra on the River restaurant or race day at the McCaysville City Park
- Pets not allowed during run
- Overall male/female
- Top 2 Age Group Winners male/female ages 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- Race Times based on “gun time” start (USATF Rule 245)
Parking - Located across from the McCaysville City Park, additional spots can also be found on city streets of both McCaysville, GA & Copperhill, TN
- Event contact
- Matthew Cole
- (727) 571-2088